I'm not an NRA supporter or member. But I do own guns. I'm concerned that people who don't own or like guns are going to support legislation that won't do very much to stop violence but will do a lot to expand government oversight of law abiding gun owners.

For example, Feinstein's proposed legislation would make a number of semi-automatic weapons illegal but also grandfather in others. The problem is that the grandfathered weapons would need to be registered under the NFA which is the same law we restrict automatic weapons under. Long story short, if you owned a certain semi-automatic weapon (not just a rifle) for all intents and purposes you'd be treated the same as if you owned a machine gun. I don't see much value in that.

I would support universal background checks and greater sharing of medical data when someone has been involuntarily committed or has some sort of psychosis. I also would like more prosecution of people who fail background checks and gun dealers/individuals who make illegal sales.

But past that I start getting a little uncomfortable when people say "no one needs x". I might not need or want x but someone else might.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.