Originally Posted By: Skinny
I get where politicians are coming from with their plan to outlaw ar-15 style rifles and other "assault weapons". But I disagree with it. I own a Bushmaster AR15. When I first bought it I had two thirty round magazines. Why would I need to own such a gun? Am i in the military? No. Am i a cop? No. Am i a criminal? Not really. Am i some nut who wants to shoot up a school or a hospital? No. Hell i dont even use it for self/home defense, I have a Judge i would rather use. So why do I or thousands of other people across the nation own this kind of gun? WE WANT TO. Some people fish or hike, some like to shoot. Ive heard people at my college say things like, why cant you shoot something different? Ok lets compare our options here... My roomate has a bolt action Winchester .30-06. Holds 4 rounds. The AR15 shoots a .223 caliber round. Most people that want to outlaw hi capacity magazines and assault weapons have never owned a gun! This is what bothers me when some girl says i can target shoot all i want with a .30-06. OK.. You cant shoot 10 rounds without bruising the shit out of your shoulder! The AR15, barely kicks at all. Its a smaller round, smaller cartridge. Not as loud. Not as expensive. Another stat i saw was there were a few hudred firearm related deaths in the US since the shooting and less than one percent was with a gun that would classify as an assault weapon. Just food for thought.

Skinny, cant say I disagree with you, however when you send your kids to school after all this BS then. we can talk. In the end it only takes one bullet though I suppose

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno