I was 15 when JFK was killed. I was in 5th period English class (Mrs. Bergstrom was the teacher). The P.A. system came on announcing the President had been shot. Total silence in the classroom. When they announced that "The President had died", the teacher looked shocked, closed her eyes and lowered her head.
When the bell rang, the hallways were pretty much silent.

I took the school bus home and kids were talking about it. One kid, very loudly said "They should have shot him again & again & again." There is hate in every decade I guess. frown I know that boy's face and it's imbedded in my head. I'm sure I could grab a yearbook and recognize him.

Something like that was simply unheard of & shocking. I'll never forget it. I was glued to the tv for the next 3 days or so. Oh, and when Oswald was shot on live tv??? OMG!! That was unbelievable.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/14/13 11:55 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon