Well, one and all. Another dull night of whiskey and homework. Yippie!

I can't private message things to myself... So if you'll permit me. Without further adeu

 SLAVERY: Never actually stating trouble with slavery in the constitution, the issue is essentially placed on the back burner and ignored by the delegates, with it left unable to be touched until 1808, at which time the issue could be discussed again.

 TRADE/ECONOMICS:

 REPRESENTATION: Bi-Cameral legislature. House of Representatives membership determined by population of each state. Senate is a fixed number however.

 CHECKS AND BALANCES:

-
WORK SHEET FOR CONSTITUION
Part I

1- reach each article and state the general purpose of each article of the Constitution:
• Article I: List the responsibilities of the Legislature
• Article II: List the responsibilities of the Executive Branch
• Article III: List the responsibilities of the Judicial Branch.
• Article IV: describes the relationship between the states and the Federal government, and amongst the states.
• Article V: describes the process necessary to amend the Constitution.
• Article VI: establishes the Constitution, and the laws and treaties of the United States made in accordance with it, to be the supreme law of the land, and that "the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, any thing in the laws or constitutions of any state notwithstanding."
• Article VII: sets forth the requirements for ratification of the Constitution.
2- In the Constitution or 1787( un-amended) how many times do the words slave and women referred to: None
3- The powers of the constitution specifically grant to the branches of government to officeholder are called enumerated powers
a) What does the term “enumerated” mean?
b) List enumerated powers of the President:
c) List enumerated powers of Vice-President:
d) List enumerated powers of Congress:
e) Identify what powers are prohibited to Congress:
f) Identify what powers are prohibited to the states:
4- What are the legibility requirements for a member to
a) House: Age 25, American Citizen, Resident of State representing
b) Senate: Age 30, American Citizen, Resident of State representing
c) President: Age 35, Born in the United States, resided here for 14 years at least.
d) Justices:
5- What is the process to change a bill into law
6- In which situations does the Supreme Court have original jurisdiction? In all cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Counsels, and those in which a State shall be Party.
7- Identify the following term used in the constitution
a) Preamble: Opening statement of the constitution, making the case for its purpose.
b) Impeachment: A formal accusation against a public official by the lower house of a legislative body.
c) Concurrence:
d) Quorum: The minimum number of members who must be present for business to be conducted in congress.
e) Bill of attainder: A law that declares a person, without a trial, to be guilty of a crime.
f) Ex post facto laws: A law that makes criminal an act that was legal when it was committed, that increases the penalty for a crime after it has been committed, or that changes the roles of evidence to make conviction easier.
g) Writ of Habeas Corpus: A court order directing a police officer, sheriff, or warden who has a person in custody to bring the prisoner before a judge and show sufficient evidence for his detainment,
h) Jurisdiction:
i) Full Faith and Credit: given in each State to the public acts, records, and judicial Proceedings of every other States.

PART II MAJORITY AND SUPERMAJORITY
8- What is the difference between simple majority two supermajority? A simple majority would equal essentially anything above 51%. A supermajority would entail something beyond that, usually along the lines of 2/3’s for the majority.
9- Identify several location in the constitution in which a simple majority or supermajority are used and for what purpose?
A) Which body which can override presidential veto and by a certain margin? Both Houses in joint session will override a presidential veto with a margin of 2/3’s
B) Body which can ratify a treaty and by what margin?
C) Body which can impeach the President and by what margin? The House of Representatives can call an impeachment by a simple majority.
D) By what margin do you need to call congress into session? 2/3’s
10- Explain the Supremacy Clause: establishes the Constitution, Federal Statutes, and U.S. treaties as "the supreme law of the land." The Constitution is the highest form of law in the American legal system.
11- Explain the Elastic Clause: grants the congress the right” to make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof."

I hope that I'm not causing troubles posting on here. I just can't afford ink, nor access e-mail in school so this is my last resort.

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia