Originally Posted By: vito_andolini
Originally Posted By: carmela
I was in Agrigento July, 2010, and went to a memorial service for Agostino Cun trera. The rumor there was that not only was Renda kidnapped, but tortured, dismembered and dissolved in acid.

Carmella, I was with you on this for the longest time, as I have heard the same. Even most posters here would agree (and I'm not disgreeing with you here), especially at the time of the disappearance. But why is he the only one, out of everyone who's gone down, not to be made a public example of? Everyone else, all public gunshot murders. What was it about Renda that made him different?

Also, whereas we learned that Emilio Cordileone was found in his car murdered, I heard from guys connected to him, that he was badly beaten, every limb in his body broken and that he was stripped naked and shot in the head twice. Then placed in his car. That part never made the papers.

http://www.complexeloreto.com/obituaries.php?action=view&id=1283

I hadn't realized others had said this as well, about the way he died, etc. I remember posting on RD right from Sicily in 2010 and putting that info up. I hadn't seen anyone else saying it besides me. It's possible my story has just now come full circle and others are putting more stock in what I originally said now. At the time they dismissed me. But i digress...

To answer your question, I think they wanted something from Renda, more than just retaliation. And they either couldn't get it from him, or they did and killed him anyway as they usually will.

Giordano: No I wouldn't know who was behind it and its not something I should know. I was straining my ear as it was and caught bits and pieces of things. As far as who was at the memorial... it was in Siculiana and these were friends and family, people that came by to pay their respect to the family, etc.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.