GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 326 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,582
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 37 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 36 37
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: merlino] #688415
01/06/13 08:33 PM
01/06/13 08:33 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: merlino
Regardless of which side you find yourself on this trial the following article is what goes on in certain sections of philly everyday, (north and west) it seems the amount of money used to get these costa nostra guys in jersey and philly could have been used to clean up this crap that happens everyday in philly

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20130106_Man__26__fatally_beaten_in_W__Philadelphia.html

Murder witness fatally beaten; link uncertain
Mike Newall, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 1:05 PM
A witness in a murder case who later recanted was beaten to death Saturday night in West Philadelphia, police said Sunday.

Investigators are not sure if the killing was related to the murder case or if another motive was involved.

Akeel Prout, 26, was punched and stomped by six men about 10 p.m. on the 500 block of North 55th Street, police said. One of the assailants reached into the victim's pocket and took something before fleeing,

Prout was pronounced dead at 10:26 p.m. at the University of Pennsylvania.

Prout, who lived in the Wynnefield section had been a witness in the murder of Hafeezah Nurid-Din, an Overbrook mother of four and a schoolteacher killed by a stray bullet through the heart in October 2011.

According to police, Prout identified the gunman as Daniel Shelley, now 19.

Police said Shelley, seeking revenge for a shooting that wounded his brother months earlier, rode up on his bike and opened fire on a group of males.

The intended targets fled unscathed but a bullet hit Nurid-Din outside her Malvern Avenue home as she returned from a grocery.

At Shelley's preliminary hearing in February, 2012, Prout recanted, testifying he did not know Shelley and had never seen him.

He acknowledged being there, but testified he only helped put the dying woman - whom he knew in passing - into a car so a relative could take her to the hospital.

Despite the recantation, prosecutors planned to use at trial Prout's statement to investigators, which was read into the record at the preliminary hearing.

They would rather spend all this time and money for people betting and loansharking rather than people who kill each other daily

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: Southphilly13] #688418
01/06/13 08:38 PM
01/06/13 08:38 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: Southphilly13
I never say anything personal to anyone on here but Dick your jus retarded....Your probably like a 65 year old guy with no life, family or friends.... You get on this blog and just talk about things that you have no clue about.... You think you know everything about everything. I'm happy to hear that a pizza delivery guy in Tennessee averages 300 a day... So your telling me if this guy works 5 days a week, he makes 6k a month?? LMFAO!!! 72k a year delivering pizza...your even more retarded then i thought....But once again no one gives a shit. The topic is.. are the philly guys gonna beat these charges? Not... My buddies parents have a pizza delivery guy that makes 300 a day...which you are probably lying about, cause you don't have no friends. What happened to not making anymore comments until after the verdict??

You really need to cut that shit out man. Just because your family is going through a difficult time doesn't mean you get to slam people. You need to be civil on here. Offer your opinion then put up or shut up.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688426
01/06/13 08:52 PM
01/06/13 08:52 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
I think Borgesi, Licata, and Damion have the best shots at getting off. The rest, I give them about a 15-1 shot. Bad odds but its possible. I dont care how many witnesses say Staino is a nice guy i still say guilty. I dont think ligamabi and Mousie and Staino will be found guilty on all charges, but some. Specifically the machine company takeover.

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: Southphilly13] #688496
01/07/13 01:40 AM
01/07/13 01:40 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Southphilly13
I never say anything personal to anyone on here but Dick your jus retarded....Your probably like a 65 year old guy with no life, family or friends.... You get on this blog and just talk about things that you have no clue about.... You think you know everything about everything. I'm happy to hear that a pizza delivery guy in Tennessee averages 300 a day... So your telling me if this guy works 5 days a week, he makes 6k a month?? LMFAO!!! 72k a year delivering pizza...your even more retarded then i thought....But once again no one gives a shit. The topic is.. are the philly guys gonna beat these charges? Not... My buddies parents have a pizza delivery guy that makes 300 a day...which you are probably lying about, cause you don't have no friends. What happened to not making anymore comments until after the verdict??

The Philly Mob is a joke. They spent a million on Gavones and the place got busted up in what 2 years...The crime family has burned every bridge into NJ and NY with turncoat testimony..no one wants to give anyone a slice of the pie look at the leaders that they muscle in on micila's poker machine racket.. its a joke for cris sake why do you think so many good families left the area you got a bunch of two bit gangsters driving a car thats worth at much as their row home to impress people ..steal!! steal!! Steal!!! What about the deli in Packard Park we take ACCESS ...Free Goba Goo Free Cigarettes ...

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688497
01/07/13 01:43 AM
01/07/13 01:43 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
It's plain and simple AL Capone they put him away for tax evasion because they couldn't get him on everything else thats what their doing with these guys ...

Genovese Family."
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688599
01/07/13 08:53 AM
01/07/13 08:53 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
DN, is micali still in prison for teh borgata poker ring that he ran for niccodemo?

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #688605
01/07/13 09:50 AM
01/07/13 09:50 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
It's plain and simple AL Capone they put him away for tax evasion because they couldn't get him on everything else thats what their doing with these guys ...

Succinctly stated, DickNose... I hope with this group the public sees the utter flailing of the government with regards to their 13 year investigation. Raises the question of cost benefit and do we really want to spend tax payer dollar on insignificant busts in the wake of more immediate concerns (Sinaloa, Zetas, etc.)

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #688616
01/07/13 10:36 AM
01/07/13 10:36 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
The US federal govt is 16 trillion in the red (http://www.usdebtclock.org/) and this doesnt seem like it needed to be a federal case, let new jersey and PA foot the bill if it was that damaging to the states involved...the American government is financially a mess and things like this case has put it there, the philly cops investigate n and west philly why not s philly as well

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: merlino] #688623
01/07/13 11:30 AM
01/07/13 11:30 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Okay, back on topic. Are closing arguments finished?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688625
01/07/13 11:32 AM
01/07/13 11:32 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Today should be the last day. Ligambi lawyer and then the prosecutions rebuttal.

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688693
01/07/13 03:21 PM
01/07/13 03:21 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130107_ap_phillymoblawyerinformantsplayingthefbi.html

Philly mob lawyer: Informants 'playing the FBI' MARYCLAIRE DALE , The Associated Press
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2013, 1:04 PM
PHILADELPHIA - A mob lawyer giving closing arguments says informants have been "playing the FBI" as the government pursues a mob racketeering case in Philadelphia.

Defense lawyer Edwin Jacobs is making closing arguments in the trial of reputed La Cosa Nostra boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi and six others.

Jacobs says many government witnesses were involved in the same loansharking and sports betting alleged in the case.

He says it's clear they want to avoid prison and have axes to grind against the defendants.

Jacobs argues that one mob turncoat even made fun of the defendants' women.

There are no murders or shootings alleged in the case, although prosecutors say the Ligambi group threatened violence to maintain control.

The anonymous jury is expected to begin deliberations Tuesday after a three-month trial.

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688759
01/07/13 05:57 PM
01/07/13 05:57 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
How long till the verdict?

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: NickyEyes1] #688760
01/07/13 05:58 PM
01/07/13 05:58 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
How long till the verdict?

If they start deliberations tomorrow it shouldn't be too long.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688765
01/07/13 06:04 PM
01/07/13 06:04 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
If you guys were in the jury what would you say. Guilty or not guilty?

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688777
01/07/13 06:32 PM
01/07/13 06:32 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
No chance id ever be on that jury

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: NickyEyes1] #688787
01/07/13 06:46 PM
01/07/13 06:46 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly

I think I would have to listen to the entire instructions as to what charges we could give them according to the judge and go from there. The Ligambi one on getting the scam from the garbage business and the union would be one that would stick with me. Borgesi should walk right out of the federal courthouse and send someone els to the federal lockup on arch st to get his stuff and dont look back

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688832
01/07/13 08:35 PM
01/07/13 08:35 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
borgesi, scoops and battaglini, canaliccio walk

the rest get light charges times served

When Interpol?
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688834
01/07/13 08:37 PM
01/07/13 08:37 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
http://www.bigtrial.net/2013/01/mob-hit-again-issue-at-racketeering.html

Suspected mob hit man Anthony Nicodemo is sitting in a city prison awaiting a preliminary hearing in a homicide case that could have a dramatic impact on the Philadelphia mob.

Since his arrest on Dec. 12, underworld and law enforcement sources have been speculating on whether the 41-year-old South Philadelphia wiseguy would become a government cooperator in order to get out from under the charges he faces.

That speculation has created an undercurrent in the ongoing racketeering trial of mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi and six co-defendants. Ironically, the trial ended Monday with Nicodemo's name being mentioned by a federal prosecutor and defense attorneys crying foul.

"To highlight it now is unduly prejudicial," Paul Hetznecker Jr., the lawyer for co-defendant George Borgesi, said of the reference to Nicodemo made by Assistant U.S. Attorney John Han in a closing rebuttal argument to the jury late Monday afternoon.

Jury deliberations are expected to begin Tuesday in the racketeering conspiracy case against Ligambi, Borgesi and several other reputed mob figures.

Hetznecker's comment came during a sidebar conference between lawyers and Judge Eduardo Robreno at the conclusion of Monday's court session. Hetznecker was upset that Han, in his closing, had alluded to an assault in 1998 that allegedly was ordered by Borgesi.

Key government witness Louis Monacello testified that he took part in the assault along with co-defendant Anthony Staino and several others, including Nicodemo. Han argued at the sidebar conference that the reference to Nicodemo was already on the court record and he was merely reiterating facts that the jury had already heard.

There was no mention of Nicodemo's arrest in the murder case.

Monacello testified about the assault several weeks before Nicodemo was charged with the slaying of Gino DiPietro, 50, in South Philadelphia. Law enforcement sources have said that the murder may have been carried out because DiPietro, who has a history of drug convictions, was cooperating with law enforcement.

Nicodemo's car, an SUV, was spotted fleeing the murder scene. He was arrested at his home a few blocks away less than 30 minutes after the shooting. Sources say police also found the murder weapon in his vehicle.

Jurors were questioned about the shooting after it occurred. Nine members of the panel said they had heard or read about the event, but only one said it might impact his ability to be fair and impatrial. That juror was dismissed.

Whether mention of Nicodemo's name again would raise questions in jurors' minds was an issue that Hetznecker and other defense attorneys were concerned about after Han had completed his closing.

But the long-term impact may go far beyond the current trial.

While the motive for the DiPietro shooting has not been established, underworld and law enforcement sources say the bigger issue is the fact that Nicodemo has long been identified as one of the shooters in the 2003 slaying of mobster John "Johnny Gongs" Casasanto.

The Casasanto hit is one of three gangland slayings federal authorities believe were ordered by Ligambi. No one has ever been charged. Throughout the current trial, defense attorneys have argued that the Ligambi organization was not cut from the same violent cloth as crime families headed by Philadelphia mob bosses like Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo and John Stanfa.

Racketeering trials against those bosses and their associates were full of murder and attempted murder charges. In contrast, the current case is built around gambling, extortion and loansharking allegations.

The defense has harped on that fact, claiming that the federal government built a case around unrelated and minor criminal events when it was unable to gather evidence of more serious crimes.

Edwin Jacobs Jr., the lawyer for Ligambi, spent nearly three hours in his closing argument Monday making that point.

"This is a failed investigation," Jacobs said of the 12-year probe that targeted Ligambi and the others. "It's been on life-support for two years...These investigators didn't find what they were looking for ... so they made any charges they could think of without regard for the evidence."

"We are not who they say we are," Jacobs said several times as he systematically disassembled the government's case, contending that the charges of gambling, extortion and the distribution of illegal video poker machines were never part of a broad conspiracy or criminal enterprise.

At best, he and other defense attorneys have argued, the govenment evidence might indicate individuals acting on their own to line their own pockets. But Jacobs said none of the evidence passed the threshold of "beyond a resonable doubt." He asked the jury to find Ligambi and the others not guilty.

He also argued that the government's case was based on lies and fabrications from witnesses like Monacello.

"These criminals are using the FBI ... they're gaming the FBI," he said of deals that Monacello and several other cooperating witnesses had struck with authorities. "And we're paying the price."

He described the charges in the case as "street corner stuff" and said the names of both Ligambi and Borgesi "were used" by witnesses to enhance their credibility on the street and to win deals once they had been arrested or targeted by the FBI.

"These are not truthful people," he said. "They're twisting the facts and they're making up stories."

But in his rebutall closing argument, Han played a series of tapes made during the investigation, which began in 1999 and concluded with the indictment of Ligambi and the others in May 2011.

On those tapes, which had been played previously, jurors heard several of the defendants discussing bookmaking, gambling and loansharking operations; threatening to "crack" heads, and identifying Ligambi as the leader of the enterprise.

On one, co-defendant Gary Battaglini tells an associate, "Uncle Joe (Ligambi) don't care about excuses. He wants his end every week."

On another Damion Canalichio tells an undercover FBI agent posing as a gambler, "I'm mostly into collections." Han said that was Canalichio's role in the mob gambling enterprise.

The reference to Nicodemo came during a discussion of Monacello's testimony. From the witness stand, Monacello had alleged that he ran a bookmaking and loansharking operation for Borgesi after Borgesi was jailed in an unrelated racketeering case in 2000.

Monacello's testimony is considered crucial to the case against Borgesi and his credibility has been attacked repeatedly by Hetznecker, Jacobs and the other defense attorneys. The assault that Han referred to was one of several acts of violence not charged in the case but that Robreno ruled were admissible to show Borgesi's criminal character.

In that regard, Han again played for the jury a snippet of a phone call from 1999 in which Borgesi cackled and joked about how he had brutally beaten up mob associate Angelo Lutz. That tape was played earlier in the current trial and was also played at Borgesi's prior racketeering case.

Hetznecker has argued that his client has already paid a price for his prior bad acts -- Borgesi was finishing up a 14-year sentence and was about to be released when he was indicted in the current case.

But prosecutors contend that the tape is a "self protrait" that paints a picture for the jury of who Borgesi is.

"It's not a pretty picture," one source said.
Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2013/01/mob-hit-again-issue-at-racketeering.html#fPhfz0mMYORx4Q3W.99

When Interpol?
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688838
01/07/13 08:41 PM
01/07/13 08:41 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
im not sure how you can play a tape from a previous trial that borgesi already got convicted for

lets be honest they (the prosecution) dont have much...they are reaching and I hope the jury sees thru the bullshit

and im not a fanboy but i do think this trial is an injustice against civil rights especially pertaining to borgesi

When Interpol?
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: NickyEyes1] #688846
01/07/13 09:08 PM
01/07/13 09:08 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

The Co-Defendants aren't winning any points by making arrogant comments to the prosecution it just gets them worked up and they'll say even more damaging shit they shouldn't be saying...yet that judge has seem to let everything go...and if you want to see tax-payer money wasted in reality that is just a drop in the bucket compared to other tax-payer money that is spent in Philadelphia I wouldn't care if they dropped a bomb on the city like they did back in the 70's in West Phila lol

Genovese Family."
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #688849
01/07/13 09:19 PM
01/07/13 09:19 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly

The Co-Defendants aren't winning any points by making arrogant comments to the prosecution it just gets them worked up and they'll say even more damaging shit they shouldn't be saying...yet that judge has seem to let everything go...and if you want to see tax-payer money wasted in reality that is just a drop in the bucket compared to other tax-payer money that is spent in Philadelphia I wouldn't care if they dropped a bomb on the city like they did back in the 70's in West Phila lol

hahahahah....what would obama or holder do if Philly PD did that in the north or west to some racist group like the move group? or let mumia argue his case forever Oh wait they arent considered a racist group now a days....you are right though such a waste of cash

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: merlino] #688854
01/07/13 09:57 PM
01/07/13 09:57 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: merlino
The US federal govt is 16 trillion in the red (http://www.usdebtclock.org/) and this doesnt seem like it needed to be a federal case, let new jersey and PA foot the bill if it was that damaging to the states involved...the American government is financially a mess and things like this case has put it there, the philly cops investigate n and west philly why not s philly as well

My friend got shot last year in West Phila.. West Phila has been abandoned for years in certain parts just like North Phila...

Genovese Family."
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #688864
01/07/13 10:29 PM
01/07/13 10:29 PM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
Question for the Philly guys, Does anyone have any knowledge or heresay as to who the acting captains are of the respective crews with Staino,Licata,ad Borgesi on trial and others in prison? Who if any of those soldiers may have "stepped up",Just curious

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #688891
01/08/13 12:01 AM
01/08/13 12:01 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly

My friend got shot last year in West Phila.. West Phila has been abandoned for years in certain parts just like North Phila...

sorry about that it is a sad state there....its like detroit, camden, dc, baltimore and parts of LA...everyone knows the problem but no one wants to talk loud about it

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #689112
01/08/13 04:57 PM
01/08/13 04:57 PM
M
marine Offline
Made Member
marine  Offline
M
Made Member
Well soon they might decide maybe by this weekend we will find out if the jury lets the little guys walk..Which they soulud b let go 2.5 time served..But Big guys like Lagambi as long as he pays the money back, Then he can walk as far as im concerned....Plus i think they all did 2.5 years now..Now the middle guys mousieboy...>Now it is like me trying to buy a nice car worth$20,000..But im not negotiateing with him im trying to force him and quietly leaving certain messages,maybe kinda hinting of threats,telling him i want that car for $10,000 not 20,000$..< NOW is that a crime???I dont even know? but i do go to church and know that shit aint right..And if i were that video poker owner i would of punched and shot lagamby stainboy and mouseboy...Only because i thought they were there to do that to me...Wouldn't you guys be worried that they might try sumthin stupid..HEY i was in Firefights....i had my head snapped bak and ate rokndirt... i rather fire first...........wouldnt you????And stain guy, the nerve of him saying i got gorrillas to chop you up to an Fbi agent...Hahaha How about do it yourself..a bymyselfer...Now if 1 or 2 of the guys gets off.. or even stainboy wit no record..get let free? Do they mess with ratfinger because he is 10 miles from Margate...?The way he testified like he hated them, eventually someone will b paid to take a shot at him...

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #689131
01/08/13 05:28 PM
01/08/13 05:28 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
@marine
Well, I'm glad you aren't the President of Top Job Disposal.

It's relatively easy to get on the internet and tell the world that you're ready to take on the Philly Mob when compared with actually risking your business and livelyhood on it.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #689170
01/08/13 08:24 PM
01/08/13 08:24 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Jurors deliberated for about three hours Tuesday before deciding to pack it in for the day in the racketeering trial of mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi and six co-defendants.

The panel of seven men and five women are due back in court Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. to begin their first full day of deliberations.

The jury got the case shortly after noon following a lengthy explanation from Judge Eduardo Robreno about the laws that apply to charges contained in the 52-count indictment on which the case is based. These include a racketeering conspiracy charge that all seven defendants face.

The indictment also includes gambling, loansharking and extortion charges that target different defendants. Ligambi is also accused of defrauding a Teamsters Union Health and Welfare Fund by illegally collecting over $220,000 in medical benefits for himself and his family while holding what authorities allege was a "no show" job at a South Philadelphia trash company.

He also faces an obstruction of justice charge.

Defense attorneys argued throughout the trial that the charges were flawed and that the government had stitched together a series of unrelated allegations in an attempt to create a criminal enterprise and conspiracy where none existed.

Prosecutors contended that the various charges were tied to the criminal organization headed by Ligambi and that each defendant knowingly participated in the crimes to advance the goals of the mob family.

Jurors sent out two requests shortly after deliberations began. At first they asked for an easel and magic markers. An hour later they requested photos of all the witnesses.

They were provided with the easel and markers, but were told that photos of witnesses were not available. Speculation among defense attorneys and family members and friends of the defendants who waited in the hallway outside the 15th floot courtroom was that the jurors were trying to match the names of witnesses -- which they have -- with their memories of what the witnesses looked like. The request could indicate that not all the jurors have the same recollection of who was who on the witness stand.

Ligambi, 73, and four co-defendants, Joseph Licata, 71, Joseph Massimino, 62, George Borgesi, 49, and Damion Canalichio, 42, are being held without bail. They remain in the Federal Detention Center adjacent to the courthouse during deliberations. Two other defendants, Antony Staino, 54, and Gary Battaglini, 52, are free on bail and wait in the hallway with the lawyers.

Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2013/01/no-verdict-in-mob-trial.html#d7ojLV0w21piTH3f.99

When Interpol?
Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: southphilly old head] #689209
01/08/13 09:28 PM
01/08/13 09:28 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Anyone know how long that $220,000 was taken from the trash company? Was it like 1999-2010?

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: FrankMazola] #689249
01/09/13 12:10 AM
01/09/13 12:10 AM
M
marine Offline
Made Member
marine  Offline
M
Made Member
I been around worked and meet some of the guys..Most always try to impress and act hard..{the younger ones.}Yea i had my staredowns where you first meet someone and like a little kid i asked a guy what his problem was..I had to stand my ground you would of too...BUT i hope i said it right earlier..That i would stand up and wanna fight back if they were trying to underbid my poker machines,by over 50-100,000$..Not me thats alota $$$..That origanil poker owner was a clean business man and was shot by joeymerlino 12-15 years proir for the same thing..!I have no clue how lagambi got that job from the trash co..But i would credit him with 4 years of work cause he did get 3 -4 contracts..The rest he should remburse..

Re: are the philly guys gona beat these charges? [Re: marine] #689279
01/09/13 05:54 AM
01/09/13 05:54 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: marine
..Now the middle guys mousieboy...>Now it is like me trying to buy a nice car worth$20,000..But im not negotiateing with him im trying to force him and quietly leaving certain messages,maybe kinda hinting of threats,telling him i want that car for $10,000 not 20,000$..< NOW is that a crime???I dont even know? but i do go to church and know that shit aint right..And if i were that video poker owner i would of punched and shot lagamby stainboy and mouseboy....

lol lol lol Am I coming or going I can barely decide lol " I'm going to punch and shoot these guys" lol Your aim is probably as good as your spelling lol

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 01/09/13 05:56 AM.

Genovese Family."
Page 29 of 37 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 36 37

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull