GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 692 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,963
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,674
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,545
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,493
Posts1,061,867
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How Powerful is the Italian Mafia in Europe? [Re: TommyGambino] #688992
01/08/13 10:57 AM
01/08/13 10:57 AM
johnnyboysala Offline
Made Member
johnnyboysala  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Great post mate, especially the part about the Turks controlling East/North London OC, them guys are stone cold killers, I've heard about every shop on several high streets paying protection money, they must be making a fortune cus liek you say they don't have to pay off the police as nobody in the area will snitch.

Would love to see a few documentaries come out about the Turks in London.

Thanks. There's a few bits on Turkish OC in London on Youtube. Not sure if they're any good. I'll have a look later and see if i can dig out links.

Originally Posted By: m2w
marijuana is controlled mostly by italians
most of the plants are located over there
albanians controls mostly the ganja traffick versus greece

You may be right, but I really don't think any Italian group have a majority influence anywhere in Europe outside Italy. Germany is the closest they get, and they're outnumbered even though. I don't think they properly 'control' anything, but they certainly maintain a small presence in many places.

i wouldn't say jamaicans run anything in london
there are some places like brixton full of them
of course on local scale, but almost all groups in london operate in a local scale, included turks in their neighbourhoods

That's not right. Turkish gangs are properly organised. Proper structure with a proper hierarchy and, although they do profit from localized rackets, they are also heavily involved in international crime. Black gangs on the other hand have little or no proper structure in Europe. They certainly don't in London. The Jamaican 'Yardie' phenomena is a complete media exaggeration and has generally been debunked. They were violent and criminal yes, but not organised in any real way.

The black gangs are definitely 'connected' to organised crime, in the sense that they buy drugs etc from proper OC groups, and occasionally act as 'violence for hire', but that's about it. The bulk of their activities are street level drug dealing and muggings and nobody gets any real money. The police are generally all over these guys anyway, with wannabe gangsters regularly going down for silly shit like stealing a mobile phone.

Its weird though, these guys number in their thousands in London alone. Certain estates in London have hundreds of so-called 'soldiers'. But they never amount to anything. Violence is all postcode related or over girls, or getting dirty looks on the bus. They're willing to kill over that shit, so its not as if they lack ruthlessness. If these guys could unite in some way (as some did during the London riots - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19182350 )and get themselves organised I have no doubt they'd be a major OC force, at least in London. They could actually be the rich gangsters they spend their time pretending they are.

The black gangs could really do with a Lucky Luciano figure...

Re: How Powerful is the Italian Mafia in Europe? [Re: johnnyboysala] #688993
01/08/13 10:59 AM
01/08/13 10:59 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
It's true. Almost a majority of originally East End white families moved to Essex and Kent. I've also read reports on Essex and Kent nowadays being filled to the brim with drug traffickers and crime bosses. The East End in general doesn't have the gritty, homegrown working class atmosphere anymore. Some areas have undergone major redevelopment and most are populated by descendents of the Jamaicans and more recent Bangladeshi and Pakistani immigrants. Even Canning Town -a traditionally very white area- nowadays has around 30% blacks living there, which still makes it the most 'indigenous' area in all of the East End lol
South London will probably have it's fair share of homegrown crime indeed. Most of it minor idiots with also a couple of more major British criminals operating there.
As for the Southeast Asian gangs: I've heard about Pakistani ( ''Mirpuri'' actually ) groups being involved in major drug and weapon trafficking operations as well as prostitution and smaller incidences of extortion. Bangladeshi gangs on the other hand always struck the impression on me for being little more than retail drug salers or just plain annoying pricks.

Btw, I'm not from England but the dad of a friend of me grew up in Bermondsey ( which is more South London ) and still has some contacts in those places. That's why I know some stuff on England's southeast ( and probably also why I'm very interested in British organized crime lol).

Re: How Powerful is the Italian Mafia in Europe? [Re: TheKillingJoke] #689006
01/08/13 11:44 AM
01/08/13 11:44 AM
johnnyboysala Offline
Made Member
johnnyboysala  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
It's true. Almost a majority of originally East End white families moved to Essex and Kent. I've also read reports on Essex and Kent nowadays being filled to the brim with drug traffickers and crime bosses. The East End in general doesn't have the gritty, homegrown working class atmosphere anymore. Some areas have undergone major redevelopment and most are populated by descendents of the Jamaicans and more recent Bangladeshi and Pakistani immigrants. Even Canning Town -a traditionally very white area- nowadays has around 30% blacks living there, which still makes it the most 'indigenous' area in all of the East End lol
South London will probably have it's fair share of homegrown crime indeed. Most of it minor idiots with also a couple of more major British criminals operating there.
As for the Southeast Asian gangs: I've heard about Pakistani ( ''Mirpuri'' actually ) groups being involved in major drug and weapon trafficking operations as well as prostitution and smaller incidences of extortion. Bangladeshi gangs on the other hand always struck the impression on me for being little more than retail drug salers or just plain annoying pricks.

Btw, I'm not from England but the dad of a friend of me grew up in Bermondsey ( which is more South London ) and still has some contacts in those places. That's why I know some stuff on England's southeast ( and probably also why I'm very interested in British organized crime lol).

Ha, my mum traced my dad's family. Went back 350 years and, until my grandad, they all had the same job (carman) and lived within the same mile or so in Bermondsey!! 350 years! Unambitious bunch.

You're completely right. Essex and Kent have a lot of crime guys, but the structure in the UK means they mostly act on their own. And the older they get the less active they are. In the pubs in south east London / north west kent (where i grew up) there are countless guys described as 'gangsters' and lots of people walking on eggshells around them. But a five min chat or a bit of research usually proves they're nobodies.

I know very little about Bangladeshi/Pakistani gangs other than I know the local protection rackets in Bethnal Green actually work. Some drunk guy started causing trouble in the newsagent my girlfriend lived above a few years back. According to her, the newsagents kicked this guy out the shop but he came back 5 mins later. Shortly after three Transit vans pulled up outside the shop and out the back jumped dozens of young kids all carrying planks of wood and baseball bats and things. They dragged the guy out the shop and chased him off down the street. The newsagents were definitely not properly connected to anything, it was run by a sweet old Bangladeshi couple who'd been there for years and their three shy, geeky sons. Rumour has it they just put in a call to whoever they pay protection to when the guy showed up again and, well, they were protected...

Re: How Powerful is the Italian Mafia in Europe? [Re: johnnyboysala] #689012
01/08/13 12:03 PM
01/08/13 12:03 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: johnnyboysala

Ha, my mum traced my dad's family. Went back 350 years and, until my grandad, they all had the same job (carman) and lived within the same mile or so in Bermondsey!! 350 years! Unambitious bunch.

You're completely right. Essex and Kent have a lot of crime guys, but the structure in the UK means they mostly act on their own. And the older they get the less active they are. In the pubs in south east London / north west kent (where i grew up) there are countless guys described as 'gangsters' and lots of people walking on eggshells around them. But a five min chat or a bit of research usually proves they're nobodies.

I know very little about Bangladeshi/Pakistani gangs other than I know the local protection rackets in Bethnal Green actually work. Some drunk guy started causing trouble in the newsagent my girlfriend lived above a few years back. According to her, the newsagents kicked this guy out the shop but he came back 5 mins later. Shortly after three Transit vans pulled up outside the shop and out the back jumped dozens of young kids all carrying planks of wood and baseball bats and things. They dragged the guy out the shop and chased him off down the street. The newsagents were definitely not properly connected to anything, it was run by a sweet old Bangladeshi couple who'd been there for years and their three shy, geeky sons. Rumour has it they just put in a call to whoever they pay protection to when the guy showed up again and, well, they were protected...

British 'Firms' ( it's the term mostly associated with British organized crime and sort of a local equivalent for 'mafia' ) usually operate in small cells. Sometimes as small as having 5 people in a group. Sometimes these groups cooperate with each other and sometimes they fall out with one another. There's no large structure as the Italian, Turkish, Kurdish, Albanian,...groups have. But on the other hand there are a shitload of those smaller groups throughout the country.

I don't think the Bangladeshi gangs are anything close to the Turks, Russians,...or even Pakistanis and British for that matter. But small protection rackets are, as in almost any big ethnic community, of course a given lol

Re: How Powerful is the Italian Mafia in Europe? [Re: Antonio] #689023
01/08/13 01:10 PM
01/08/13 01:10 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
You may be right, but I really don't think any Italian group have a majority influence anywhere in Europe outside Italy. Germany is the closest they get, and they're outnumbered even though. I don't think they properly 'control' anything, but they certainly maintain a small presence in many places.

that's right, but it's the same for russians, albanians and turks
even turks don't control germany although they are 4 millions, anyway according to german police chief ziercke and organized crime expert jurgen roth ndrangheta is the most powerful group in germany e among with some local bikers
of course italian diaspora ended in the 60s and you have not italian little italies like the 40s around europe, but i'm talking of organized crime, not low level thugs

Re: How Powerful is the Italian Mafia in Europe? [Re: Antonio] #689030
01/08/13 01:23 PM
01/08/13 01:23 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
That's not right. Turkish gangs are properly organised. Proper structure with a proper hierarchy

according to who?

Re: How Powerful is the Italian Mafia in Europe? [Re: m2w] #689036
01/08/13 01:53 PM
01/08/13 01:53 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
That's not right. Turkish gangs are properly organised. Proper structure with a proper hierarchy

according to who?

Turks don't have one structure like the Calabrians, but they do have lots of faily large family-based groups involved in heroin trafficking mainly, but also extortion among other things. They are very organized even though you do get some petty criminals. But there's Italian petty criminals too, as in any race

Re: How Powerful is the Italian Mafia in Europe? [Re: Antonio] #954246
09/28/18 03:50 AM
09/28/18 03:50 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Slovak police made several arrests connected with the murder of journalist Jan Kuciak seven months ago. Eight people were arrested in an operation in southern Slovakia, Dennik N reports. Slovak TV station Markiza identified one arrested man as Tomas S., a former police investigator. Police had released few details about the arrests as of mid-day. Kuciak had been reporting on the activities of Italian organized crime groups in EU subsidy fraud in Slovakia and uncovered links between Slovak officials and Italians allegedly connected to ’Ndrangheta.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull