Originally Posted By: stern49
Angelo Bruno talked his soldiers into not being violent unless they needed to be. But nobody was murdered in the Philly mob when he was the big guy, at least not ordered by him, but I'm sure a few of his guys whacked people without his ok

I don't think that's true. Here are some hits he ordered. (Thanks to Pogo for posting these) -

Joey McGreal - Killed by Ralph Natale in the early 70s over some Union dispute.

Guiseppe "PePe" Leva - He was whacked because he got into some beef with Scarfo.

Alvin Feldman - He was an Associate who was stealing from a bookmaking operation that was owned by Frakn Narducci Sr. Joe Scalleat, Santo Idone, Joe "Chickie" Ciangalini and Narducci did the hit in the early 70s.

Louis DeMarco - Another Associate who got into a beef with Scarfo in 1977. Phil Leonetti and Vincent Falcone did the hit.

Edwin Helfant - A corrupt judge who screwed over the family over a bribe. He was whacked in 1978 by Nick "The Blade" Virgilio. Nicky Scarfo drove the getaway car.

Mickey "CoCo" Cifelli - A drug dealer who got into some kind of beef with the family and was killed in 1978 by Salvy Testa and Chuckie Merlino.

There was also another murder that Scarfo did for Bruno in the early 60s. I forgot who it was but this was the hit that Scarfo took a 9 year old Phil Leonetti along with so that as he was dumping the body the cops wouldn't be suspious with a kid in his car.

Another example is the well known story about the guy (I forget his name) that was lured to a bar and stabbed and strangled to death. The killers, who included Nicky Scarfo, had orders from Bruno to take the body to a spot, where a second crew of guys had already dug a grave, and leave the body next to it. After they left, a third crew came and filled in the grave and buried the body elsewhere.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/01/13 07:06 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.