GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 596 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,670
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,491
Posts1,061,848
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Salerno [Re: WestcoastGoon] #686621
12/31/12 10:12 PM
G
gamms Offline
Was: sitonmyface11
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
if east harlem was bullshitting,i would have sniffed it out! over the past few days we p.m.ed each other about a hundred times just 'shooting the breeze'. we have never personally met but we know who each other are. we know a lot of the same people,a lot! we both know some heavy people.and when i say 'heavy' i fucking mean it! and i dont mean 'i saw so-so in a bar once'..lol. you cant 'quote' these sources of information,so any one here can decide on there own what the truth is! just because you have indictments in front of you...does not equate truth! and yes if you were sitting were i am sitting, you look like bumbling idiot calling east harlem a bullshitter!

Re: Salerno [Re: WestcoastGoon] #686622
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
A guy from NYC who's from an Italian neighborhood where he sees these guys > a guy who gets info only from FBI documents

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 12/31/12 10:13 PM.
Re: Salerno [Re: EastHarlemItal] #686624
12/31/12 10:15 PM
12/31/12 10:15 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Not expecting anyone to be convinced! I come here to have conversations and share ideas! You come here to play "know it all" nonstop with you have ALL the answers!

Read ALL the transcripts, not just the ones your choosing too!

You believe whatever you want, been reading you for over a year. I'm convinced you have such an ego from jamming what you believe down everyone's throat that you can't discuss anything. Go back and read your posts. Every post your setting everyone straight with your wealth of knowledge! And I know you don't buy into "it doesn't matter where you live" which is total BS. It's easy to say that when you don't live here. Convenient excuse. Tell that to PizzaBoy. Where you think his info comes from? Online like yours?

What you're doing is saying something that contradicts a ton of other evidence. And when I point this out, you and gamms immediately start with the insults and accuse me of being arrogant when all I've done is point out said evidence.

Furthermore, posters on these forums have routinely abused the "where I live thing." It's not that where someone lives can't afford them some additional knowledge. But too many posters have often gone waaaaaay overboard with it. They attribute an impossible amount of knowledge, they really couldn't have, to little more than their zip code. Somebody lived in East Harlem years ago so that somehow gives them special insight to who was running things in the Genovese family? Horse shit. What, did the Genovese family send them weekly reports? rolleyes

But if we're going to go with the "where I live" thing, wouldn't Cafaro be the best source of all, since he worked with Fat Tony in that area for years? Oh wait, I guess not, 'cause he's a rat. rolleyes

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Salerno [Re: NickyEyes1] #686625
12/31/12 10:16 PM
12/31/12 10:16 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
A guy from NYC who's from an Italian neighborhood where he sees these guys > a guy who gets info only from FBI documents

Except you have no idea who he is. I don't know how long you've been on these forums but I've been on them for years. The guys who claim they're from this neighborhood and are in a special position to know are legion. We're on the internet. Anyone can claim anything. And they do.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Salerno [Re: IvyLeague] #686629
12/31/12 10:19 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Except you have no idea who he is. I don't know how long you've been on these forums but I've been on them for years. The guys who claim they're from this neighborhood and are in a special position to know are legion. We're on the internet. Anyone can claim anything. And they do.

I'm not sure if the news has made it to Utah, however East Harlem is a SHITHOLE! If I wanted to make myself look cool I would have said Little Italy! Nice try though!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Salerno [Re: gamms] #686630
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: gamms
if east harlem was bullshitting,i would have sniffed it out! over the past few days we p.m.ed each other about a hundred times just 'shooting the breeze'. we have never personally met but we know who each other are. we know a lot of the same people,a lot! we both know some heavy people.and when i say 'heavy' i fucking mean it! and i dont mean 'i saw so-so in a bar once'..lol. you cant 'quote' these sources of information,so any one here can decide on there own what the truth is! just because you have indictments in front of you...does not equate truth! and yes if you were sitting were i am sitting, you look like bumbling idiot calling east harlem a bullshitter!

You would have sniffed it out? You? Who the hell are you? Answer: Just another nameless, faceless poster on the board like the rest of us. I could just as easily claim on Prince Henry. It's meaningless.

But we can all look at the mafiosi who testified in court, or talked on bugs, and see what they said.

Re: Salerno [Re: WestcoastGoon] #686631
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
lol! i think only the two of us [and pizza] can appreciatte how fucking hilarious this is bo!

Re: Salerno [Re: EastHarlemItal] #686632
12/31/12 10:20 PM
12/31/12 10:20 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I'm not sure if the news has made it to Utah, however East Harlem is a SHITHOLE! If I wanted to make myself look cool I would have said Little Italy! Nice try though!

But the matter we're discussing was taking place in East Harlem at the time.

Re: Salerno [Re: gamms] #686633
12/31/12 10:21 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

lol! i think only the two of us [and pizza] can appreciatte how fucking hilarious this is bo!

So now you're speaking for pizzaboy? Why don't you let him speak for himself if and when he chooses to enter this discussion.

Re: Salerno [Re: WestcoastGoon] #686635
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Read Gamms post. He said he knows him as well and he doesn't lie on his posts.

Re: Salerno [Re: IvyLeague] #686636
12/31/12 10:23 PM
12/31/12 10:23 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

So now you're speaking for pizzaboy? Why don't you let him speak for himself if and when he chooses to enter this discussion.

Don't worry, Pizza will let you know Ivey! I'm getting him involved myself! I will let him know that he is a bull shitter to because he said he's from the Bronx!

Or you can put the ego in your drawer and admit someone else here may know more than you about one topic! Just one!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Salerno [Re: IvyLeague] #686637
12/31/12 10:25 PM
12/31/12 10:25 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

But the matter we're discussing was taking place in East Harlem at the time.

It's a matter of who was the boss as a whole!

You said people make shit up about where they are from! My screen name is what I was referring too and my neighborhood

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Salerno [Re: WestcoastGoon] #686639
12/31/12 10:26 PM
12/31/12 10:26 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Excerpts from Five Families -

As early as April 4, 1982, Bruce Mouw's Gambino squad intercepted a telephone conversation between Angelo "Fat Ange" Ruggiero and John Gotti that strongly suggested Gigante was equal in rank to Paul Castellano. In his Long Island home, Ruggiero explained to Gotti, then his capo, "that Paul and Chin made a pact." He continued, "Any friend of ours that gets pinched for junk, they kill 'em. No administration meetings, no nothing. Just go kill him. They're not warning nobody; not telling nobody because they feel the guy's going to rat." It was an obvious reference to Castellano and Gigante imposing the death penalty on any mobster caught in narcotics trafficking. Only a godfather could unilaterally exercise that ultimate penalty, and it was proof that Chin Gigante was in command of the Genovese family.

From the Jaguar bug, State Organized Crime Task Force personnel heard Tony Ducks Corallo, the Lucchese boss, complaining on June 23, 1983, that "Chin" and "Paul" had made a Commission decision without consulting him. "What Commission?" Corallo griped. "The Commission was him (Gigante) when they okayed a guy to be killed and nobody come and told Tom (Santoro, the Lucchese underboss) and me a thing about it."

A brief segment of a bugged conversation at the Palma Boys Social Club between Tony Salerno and Matty "the Horse" Ianniello, on May 22, 1984, also failed to register properly with agents and prosecutors. Salerno and Ianniello were reviewing a list of candidates to be inducted as made men in another family. Upset that the nicknames of the proposed soldiers had not been included, which would have made it easier to identify them, Salerno said, "I don't know none of them. They don't put the nicknames down there....But anyway, I'll leave this up to the boss." Salerno's remark was a blunt admission that he was not the final arbiter of decisions in the family.

--------------------

In addition to this Salerno was cought on tape saying how "Benny" and "that guy" put him in place to do a job and if they didn't like it they could have it back. "Benny" is obviouslly Benny Squint Lombardo and "that guy" is obviously Gigante.

--------------------

VINCENT CAFARO declares, pursuant to the provisions of 28 U.S.C. § 1746, as follows:
I was "straightened out" as a made member of the Genovese Organized Crime Family in approximately 1974. Among members and associates of La Cosa Nostra, I was generally known by the nickname "Fish." Until 1986, I was Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno's right-hand man. A photograph of Salerno and me outside the Palma Boys Social Club in East Harlem is attached as Exhibit A. After he suffered a stroke in 1981, Salerno functioned as the "figurehead" Boss of the Genovese Family, while Vincent "Chin" Gigante took over from Salerno as the "behind the scenes" Boss. However, Salerno retained control over the Genovese Family's rackets in the construction industry.

--------------------------

Sammy Gravano also stated that when the bosses met again after the Commission case Gigante basically confessed that he had been running the family all along.

Anthony Casso also confirmed this.

Re: Salerno [Re: WestcoastGoon] #686641
12/31/12 10:27 PM
12/31/12 10:27 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
no,i cant speak for pizza but he can vouch that east harlem is not a 'nameless faceless poster'. but you are right i apologize for involving pizzaboy in this..forget that,if he wants to contribute his input he can.but your right i dont speak for him. personally,i think our last names make us pretty good 'authorities' when it comes to subjects on this board.not that i would post them on an open web site,but still..its funny if you see where we are coming from.lol.

Re: Salerno [Re: IvyLeague] #686645
12/31/12 10:32 PM
12/31/12 10:32 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Excerpts from Five Families -

As early as April 4, 1982, Bruce Mouw's Gambino squad intercepted a telephone conversation between Angelo "Fat Ange" Ruggiero and John Gotti that strongly suggested Gigante was equal in rank to Paul Castellano. In his Long Island home, Ruggiero explained to Gotti, then his capo, "that Paul and Chin made a pact." He continued, "Any friend of ours that gets pinched for junk, they kill 'em. No administration meetings, no nothing. Just go kill him. They're not warning nobody; not telling nobody because they feel the guy's going to rat." It was an obvious reference to Castellano and Gigante imposing the death penalty on any mobster caught in narcotics trafficking. Only a godfather could unilaterally exercise that ultimate penalty, and it was proof that Chin Gigante was in command of the Genovese family.

From the Jaguar bug, State Organized Crime Task Force personnel heard Tony Ducks Corallo, the Lucchese boss, complaining on June 23, 1983, that "Chin" and "Paul" had made a Commission decision without consulting him. "What Commission?" Corallo griped. "The Commission was him (Gigante) when they okayed a guy to be killed and nobody come and told Tom (Santoro, the Lucchese underboss) and me a thing about it."

A brief segment of a bugged conversation at the Palma Boys Social Club between Tony Salerno and Matty "the Horse" Ianniello, on May 22, 1984, also failed to register properly with agents and prosecutors. Salerno and Ianniello were reviewing a list of candidates to be inducted as made men in another family. Upset that the nicknames of the proposed soldiers had not been included, which would have made it easier to identify them, Salerno said, "I don't know none of them. They don't put the nicknames down there....But anyway, I'll leave this up to the boss." Salerno's remark was a blunt admission that he was not the final arbiter of decisions in the family.

--------------------

In addition to this Salerno was cought on tape saying how "Benny" and "that guy" put him in place to do a job and if they didn't like it they could have it back. "Benny" is obviouslly Benny Squint Lombardo and "that guy" is obviously Gigante.

--------------------

VINCENT CAFARO declares, pursuant to the provisions of 28 U.S.C. § 1746, as follows:
I was "straightened out" as a made member of the Genovese Organized Crime Family in approximately 1974. Among members and associates of La Cosa Nostra, I was generally known by the nickname "Fish." Until 1986, I was Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno's right-hand man. A photograph of Salerno and me outside the Palma Boys Social Club in East Harlem is attached as Exhibit A. After he suffered a stroke in 1981, Salerno functioned as the "figurehead" Boss of the Genovese Family, while Vincent "Chin" Gigante took over from Salerno as the "behind the scenes" Boss. However, Salerno retained control over the Genovese Family's rackets in the construction industry.

--------------------------

Sammy Gravano also stated that when the bosses met again after the Commission case Gigante basically confessed that he had been running the fami

Anthony Casso also confirmed this.

Yeah, Casso and Gravano! Tony was dead, you only got points by the. If you puked on Chin!

Regarding the Castellano matter, why did Tony and Paul split Matrix and S&A Concrete if Chin was the boss?

I could go on and on with examples for days!

Commission meeting on Cameron Ave: Fat Tony, Scopo, Castellano, Gerry Lang and Ducks!

That "leave this up to the boss" was taken out of context and you know it Ivey! Tony was talking about Lombardo at that point in time, not Chin!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Salerno [Re: NickyEyes1] #686646
12/31/12 10:34 PM
12/31/12 10:34 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Gamms knows who? EastHarlemItal? So what? And it's not so much a matter of gamms lying as him ignoring the same overwhelming evidence that EastHarlemItal is.

Don't worry, Pizza will let you know Ivey! I'm getting him involved myself! I will let him know that he is a bull shitter to because he said he's from the Bronx!

Or you can put the ego in your drawer and admit someone else here may know more than you about one topic! Just one!

I look forward to pizzaboy entering this discussion. You may be surprised.

And you're putting words in my mouth. I never called pizzaboy a bullshitter. He's one of the few "local guys" who has never tried to claim more than he knows. Which is why he and I have always gotten along and I respect his posts.

And there you go again making this about my ego. The facts don't support your opinion so all you have left is to make the argument about me and my "ego."

You said people make shit up about where they are from! My screen name is what I was referring too and my neighborhood

I said people exaggerate the connection of where they live to the what they know about the mob. It's not that I don't believe you lived in East Harlem. It's that you simply living there doesn't give you any special insight into who was running the Genovese family. Certainly not more than Cafaro, who worked with Fat Tony on a daily basis, or the several other mafiosi I've listed who contradict you as well.

no,i cant speak for pizza but he can vouch that east harlem is not a 'nameless faceless poster'. but you are right i apologize for involving pizzaboy in this..forget that,if he wants to contribute his input he can.but your right i dont speak for him. personally,i think our last names make us pretty good 'authorities' when it comes to subjects on this board.not that i would post them on an open web site,but still..its funny if you see where we are coming from.lol.

Oh, I see. Not only are you playing the geography card, you're now playing the ethnic card as well. Your name ends in a vowel so that also gives you some sort of special insight. Does how much pasta you eat give you more knowledge about the mob as well? rolleyes

Re: Salerno [Re: IvyLeague] #686652
12/31/12 10:37 PM
12/31/12 10:37 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Not expecting anyone to be convinced! I come here to have conversations and share ideas! You come here to play "know it all" nonstop with you have ALL the answers!

Read ALL the transcripts, not just the ones your choosing too!

You believe whatever you want, been reading you for over a year. I'm convinced you have such an ego from jamming what you believe down everyone's throat that you can't discuss anything. Go back and read your posts. Every post your setting everyone straight with your wealth of knowledge! And I know you don't buy into "it doesn't matter where you live" which is total BS. It's easy to say that when you don't live here. Convenient excuse. Tell that to PizzaBoy. Where you think his info comes from? Online like yours?

What you're doing is saying something that contradicts a ton of other evidence. And when I point this out, you and gamms immediately start with the insults and accuse me of being arrogant when all I've done is point out said evidence.

Furthermore, posters on these forums have routinely abused the "where I live thing." It's not that where someone lives can't afford them some additional knowledge. But too many posters have often gone waaaaaay overboard with it. They attribute an impossible amount of knowledge, they really couldn't have, to little more than their zip code. Somebody lived in East Harlem years ago so that somehow gives them special insight to who was running things in the Genovese family? Horse shit. What, did the Genovese family send them weekly reports? rolleyes

But if we're going to go with the "where I live" thing, wouldn't Cafaro be the best source of all, since he worked with Fat Tony in that area for years? Oh wait, I guess not, 'cause he's a rat. rolleyes

So being from Utah doesn't afford you any knowledge about the area and the people? I'm from New York and I don't pretend to know your area!

Your correct Ivey. Rats ALWAYS tell the truth! Using a Rat for your information is about as naive as it gets!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Salerno [Re: WestcoastGoon] #686656
12/31/12 10:39 PM
12/31/12 10:39 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
guys, we all have some thing to add to the discussion, lets not let geography or personal beefs get in the way of that. i've been on these mob forums for about a year now, and the one major thing i've noticed is the abundance of bullshit artists who claim to be "street guys". for the record, i'm not discounting any of the often useful info provided here by guys who live closer to the action than some, but to take such info as "FACT" is a grave mistake.

we don't need to look any further here than that russo guy, someone who, according to him, has an inside ear on boston. some of the people here have met in person, but the majority of us are still 100% anonomous, and we should all be treated as such even if egos get dented!

for all the guys dumping on ivy, know one thing: he doesn't have a "horse in the race", and he tries to be as objective as possible. when i first joined here, i thought he was some pro-law enforcement shmuck, but the more that i read into all things OC, i got where he was coming from.

with the crazy influx of "wannabee's" on these types of sites, it really helps to have a formula when dealing with the mafia. as far as all of us are concerned, FBI and law enforcement stats are as close as we can come to "reliable"! nobody, and that includes ivy, will say that they are 100% reliable, thats just not true. what we will say however, is that going by said repoirts is an effective way to filter out all of the bullshit that is thrown around as fact on these forums!

i guess what i'm trying to say is, lets look at all the info presented, but lets not take an anonymous posters word as fact when there may be more credable sources that have conflicting info. happy new year you savages smile

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Salerno [Re: WestcoastGoon] #686657
12/31/12 10:40 PM
G
gamms Offline
gamms  Offline
G
Underboss
yes!it all depend on 'where' you eat the pasta! an olive garden in provo wont do the trick buddy!lol!

east,this guy is killing me over here!

Last edited by gamms; 12/31/12 10:40 PM.
Re: Salerno [Re: EastHarlemItal] #686658
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Yeah, Casso and Gravano! Tony was dead, you only got points by the. If you puked on Chin!

Huh?

Quote:
Regarding the Castellano matter, why did Tony and Paul split Matrix and S&A Concrete if Chin was the boss?

Because they had been partners in the construction business. Cafaro testified that, even while Chin was the official boss, Fat Tony and his crew still handled most of the construction rackets.

Quote:

Please do because I don't think you can.

Quote:
Commission meeting on Cameron Ave: Fat Tony, Scopo, Castellano, Gerry Lang and Ducks!

So? Cafaro explained this. Chin didn't like going to the Commission meetings. He preferred to send Fat Tony instead. Gravano also later confirmed this when he talked about a meeting that Chin actually attended and he scolded the others about having those meetings about things like construction and what not. He said that he had put a lot of time into his crazy act and he didn't want to get picked up by surveillance or on a bug. He warned the others they would end up "paying the piper" for those meetings. It was all part of the reason for Chin staying in the background and wanting Fat Tony to conduct much of the day to day affairs of running the family.

Quote:
That "leave this up to the boss" was taken out of context and you know it Ivey! Tony was talking about Lombardo at that point in time, not Chin!

Uh, no, I don't "know it." I know what Selwyn Raab wrote about the comment. I know that Cafaro, Gravano, and Casso all confirmed the subject. And it's just you saying it was taken out of context.

Re: Salerno [Re: IvyLeague] #686659
12/31/12 10:42 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

Gamms knows who? EastHarlemItal? So what? And it's not so much a matter of gamms lying as him ignoring the same overwhelming evidence that EastHarlemItal is.

And like anyone who believes thier own lies they disregard information!

I look forward to pizzaboy entering this discussion. You may be surprised.

And you're putting words in my mouth. I never called pizzaboy a bullshitter. He's one of the few "local guys" who has never tried to claim more than he knows. Which is why he and I have always gotten along and I respect his posts

I've never played the "neighborhood" card

And there you go again making this about my ego. The facts don't support your opinion so all you have left is to make the argument about me and my "ego."

I said people exaggerate the connection of where they live to the what they know about the mob. It's not that I don't believe you lived in East Harlem. It's that you simply living there doesn't give you any special insight into who was running the Genovese family. Certainly not more than Cafaro, who worked with Fat Tony on a daily basis, or the several other mafiosi I've listed who contradict you as well.

Not going to respond to that ignorence! Plain stupid comment

Oh, I see. Not only are you playing the geography card, you're now playing the ethnic card as well. Your name ends in a vowel so that also gives you some sort of special insight. Does how much pasta you eat give you more knowledge about the mob as well? rolleyes

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Salerno [Re: gamms] #686661
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Frustrated citizen! He wishes he was Italian!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Salerno [Re: Five_Felonies] #686662
12/31/12 10:44 PM
12/31/12 10:44 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
guys, we all have some thing to add to the discussion, lets not let geography or personal beefs get in the way of that. i've been on these mob forums for about a year now, and the one major thing i've noticed is the abundance of bullshit artists who claim to be "street guys". for the record, i'm not discounting any of the often useful info provided here by guys who live closer to the action than some, but to take such info as "FACT" is a grave mistake.

we don't need to look any further here than that russo guy, someone who, according to him, has an inside ear on boston. some of the people here have met in person, but the majority of us are still 100% anonomous, and we should all be treated as such even if egos get dented!

for all the guys dumping on ivy, know one thing: he doesn't have a "horse in the race", and he tries to be as objective as possible. when i first joined here, i thought he was some pro-law enforcement shmuck, but the more that i read into all things OC, i got where he was coming from.

with the crazy influx of "wannabee's" on these types of sites, it really helps to have a formula when dealing with the mafia. as far as all of us are concerned, FBI and law enforcement stats are as close as we can come to "reliable"! nobody, and that includes ivy, will say that they are 100% reliable, thats just not true. what we will say however, is that going by said repoirts is an effective way to filter out all of the bullshit that is thrown around as fact on these forums!

i guess what i'm trying to say is, lets look at all the info presented, but lets not take an anonymous posters word as fact when there may be more credable sources that have conflicting info. happy new year you savages smile

I'll buy into the above, exempt I've never played the neighborhood card!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Salerno [Re: EastHarlemItal] #686663
12/31/12 10:47 PM
12/31/12 10:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

So being from Utah doesn't afford you any knowledge about the area and the people? I'm from New York and I don't pretend to know your area!

I could tell you certain things like where to go for a good meal, what streets to avoid because of construction, etc. But that's quite different from knowing about the internal affairs of a secret criminal organization.

Quote:
Your correct Ivey. Rats ALWAYS tell the truth! Using a Rat for your information is about as naive as it gets!

So Cafaro, Gravano, and Casso were all lying huh? And all the mafiosi on those bugs were also lying, huh? rolleyes

i guess what i'm trying to say is, lets look at all the info presented, but lets not take an anonymous posters word as fact when there may be more credable sources that have conflicting info. happy new year you savage

You hit on a key point: I don't have a horse in this race.

For so long, people have said that me being from Utah somehow hurts the insight I have. I'd argue it's helped me far more than it's hurt me. It allows me to be more objective. It allows me to stick to the demonstrable facts and not be tossed "to and fro" by every internet forum expert claiming they know the real scoop.

As I said before, I've been on these forums for years now. And I've seen one "local street guy" after another come and go. They all claim to have the real scoop. And they all have the same reaction if you point out certain information that contradicts them. They immediately get defensive and start insulting you. They start bragging about where they come from, who they are, what they know, etc. I've seen it over and over again.

Re: Salerno [Re: IvyLeague] #686665
12/31/12 10:49 PM
12/31/12 10:49 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

Huh?

Now your playing stupid, DURING THAT TIME PERIOD TO GET THIER ALIMY ASSES OUT OF A SLING CHIN WAS THE TICKET! Tony was dead!
Quote:

Because they had been partners in the construction business. Cafaro testified that, even while Chin was the official boss, Fat Tony and his crew still handled most of the construction rackets.

And that's where the money was, the boss walks away from the money! Come on bro! If Tony wasn't the boss why did he get the list of names?

Quote:

Please do because I don't think you can.

And your opinion matters to me!

Quote:

So? Cafaro explained this. Chin didn't like going to the Commission meetings. He preferred to send Fat Tony instead. Gravano also later confirmed this when he talked about a meeting that Chin actually attended and he scolded the others about having those meetings about things like construction and what not. He said that he had put a lot of time into his crazy act and he didn't want to get picked up by surveillance or on a bug. He warned the others they would end up "paying the piper" for those meetings. It was all part of the reason for Chin staying in the background and wanting Fat Tony to conduct much of the day to day affairs of running the family.

Ok so your not going to mention the "mini commission" meeting Chin had with Gotti and Sammy after Chin had his open heart! At the Mullin Bldg on campus at NYU!

Quote:

Uh, no, I don't "know it." I know what Selwyn Raab wrote about the comment. I know that Cafaro, Gravano, and Casso all confirmed the subject. And it's just you saying it was taken out of context.

Just leaving certain items out to twist your argument again!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Salerno [Re: IvyLeague] #686666
12/31/12 10:51 PM
12/31/12 10:51 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

I could tell you certain things like where to go for a good meal, what streets to avoid because of construction, etc. But that's quite different from knowing about the internal affairs of a secret criminal organization.

Quote:

So Cafaro, Gravano, and Casso were all lying huh? And all the mafiosi on those bugs were also lying, huh? rolleyes

i guess what i'm trying to say is, lets look at all the info presented, but lets not take an anonymous posters word as fact when there may be more credable sources that have conflicting info. happy new year you savage

You hit on a key point: I don't have a horse in this race.

For so long, people have said that me being from Utah somehow hurts the insight I have. I'd argue it's helped me far more than it's hurt me. It allows me to be more objective. It allows me to stick to the demonstrable facts and not be tossed "to and fro" by every internet forum expert claiming they know the real scoop.

As I said before, I've been on these forums for years now. And I've seen one "local street guy" after another come and go. They all claim to have the real scoop. And they all have the same reaction if you point out certain information that contradicts them. They immediately get defensive and start insulting you. They start bragging about where they come from, who they are, what they know, etc. I've seen it over and over again.

Little secret, most people from here are rude mother fuckers!

That's a sad social life "online for years"

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Salerno [Re: EastHarlemItal] #686669
12/31/12 10:54 PM
12/31/12 10:54 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

What "certain items" am I leaving out? Quit just alluding to things. Actually name them.

Quote:

See what I mean? You know you don't have the facts on your side your start in with the personal BS.

But, for the record, many posters have been on these forums for years. Some much longer than me. It's not ones' entire life.

What's really sad is coming on these forums and pretending be something you're not and know stuff you don't.

Re: Salerno [Re: WestcoastGoon] #686671
12/31/12 10:56 PM
12/31/12 10:56 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Seen what I mean! I've pretended to be nothing! I've stated facts and information! You get all upset when you get called to the carpet for regurgitating something you've read out of a book or a news paper! You actually get mad at "locals" there a threat to a guy like you! You get afraid your quotes may get shit down as government propaganda!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Salerno [Re: EastHarlemItal] #686672
12/31/12 10:57 PM
12/31/12 10:57 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
I'll buy into the above, exempt I've never played the neighborhood card!
no, you haven't, but this board has been like an ashtray inviting cancer at one time or another! we have had more than our fair share of fanboys from all over, especially chicago, and after a while it can really wear thin with guys trying to present honest info. again, i'appreciate any local intel, and i'm sure everyone else does as well. the conflict imo, seems to lie where neiborhood guys present their info as fact.

look at that coffeeshop wonder from somewhere near boston, apparantly he has an "ear to the streets", and after dealing with guys like that for a while, some posters may get a little skeptical, and they can't really be blamed for that. once again, i encourage everyone here to share any personal personal insight that you may have, just don't get discouraged if certain posters question it, as after a while here its always a safe bet!

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Salerno [Re: IvyLeague] #686673
12/31/12 10:58 PM
12/31/12 10:58 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

What "certain items" am I leaving out? Quit just alluding to things. Actually name them.

The fact that Lombard was still the Boss when that quite was taken!

Quote:

See what I mean? You know you don't have the facts on your side your start in with the personal BS.

But, for the record, many posters have been on these forums for years. Some much longer than me. It's not ones' entire life.

What's really sad is coming on these forums and pretending be something you're not and know stuff you don't.

Again you read EVERY mafia book and article you get your hands on, I just find it naive!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull