One of the very few times i never read the prior post before posting..LISTEN UP nhl players and now the GREEDY owners..!.Kinda of Recession the last 4-5 years..People aint workin and its winter, construction automaticly slow..No people aint jumpin off buildings,yet... BUT THE NERVE an now the players were ready but it is the Owners holdin stuff up espn was hinting..But to be 21-40yr old and prime of your life and to get the chance to play a PROFESSIONAL sport,and make good money,Kinda bad holdn out..Now i believe top nhl'ers get 4-5M a year..And average and goons get the least at 70,000-500,000$ to 600,000-2m for average ones..If im wrong im sorry but i know it aint like mlb or nfl..{but nhl does have half amount of people watching compared to mlb nfl nba probally mma}And yea 82 games aint easy with the nfl type hits taking place on the ice.. But if they want somethin get back to the rink at least 35-40 games would be nice this year.. and then renogeshate again in the offseason agian..It would sat sumthin to the fans to hurry up and play a few games and like i said then in the offseason..Then try to make a better deal in the offseason ..