Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
An age limit needs to be set. A 10 year old can't drive a car for the obvious reasons and I believe that the same should be said for guns. A child can't possibly understand the great responsibility that goes with the weapon.
There are age limits for different types of guns, i know here in mass you can buy a shotgun or a rifle at 18, but you cant buy a handgun til 21 i believe it is, though it may be 24.

Sorry, perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. I didn't meant to own a gun, I meant to shoot one. There are people who take their children to the shooting range and allow them to fire a weapon. They're even allowed to fire guns at some gun shows. I don't know if the laws vary by state, although I would imagine so. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of a small child firing a weapon.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27399337/ns/us_news-life/t/boy-accidentally-kills-self-gun-show/
I would think there is an age limit in certain states as well, but that goes with the driving point you had made too, even if its illegal parents will still teach their kid how to drive at a young age by letting them. Though at a gun show, that is a bit idiotic to let a kid shot any kind of gun other than a red ryder.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"