Reposted from Facebook, with links added:

Enjoyable night with family. Totally worth the 12 hours of cooking (and shucking) over 2 days -- yes, I overdid it (24 stuffed clams [from my mom's New York Times Cookbook (1990, Revised) -- double the stuffing!], 24 shucked oysters for Rockefeller [Again, double the stuffing! -- Replaced Pernod with white wine], 24 escargot, 24 seared scallops [a-la Gordon Ramsay], 9 servings of homemade lobster bisque (broke down 2 whole lobsters, not just tails), few dozen Italian Anise cookies, and finished off a batch of limoncello.

Plus Mom made shrimp scampi, Dad shucked some raw clams, and Bro steamed even more clams and brought a Cannolli cake. I skipped the planned Caesar salad and asparagus side cuz enough was enough during gametime! lol

Back's broken, and feet were hurting before I even started today after yesterday's prep. Would I do it all again? Absolutely.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations