You don't need a gun for violence. On the same day as the shooting in Ct. school a man broke into a school in China and used a knife to cut, slash, and dismember 22 students. Here is the big question??? Was it the knife or the man that committed the violence..

Do These Mass Shootings Really Only Happen in America?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Top Five Worst Gun (Single Shooter) Mass Shootings:

1) Anders Breivik Norway 7/22/2011 77 killed, 151 wounded.

2) Woo Bum-Kon S. Korea 4/26/1982 57 killed, 35 wounded.

3) Martin Bryant Australia 4/28/1996 35 killed, 21 wounded.

4) Seung-Hui Cho USA 4/16/2007 32 killed, 25 wounded.

5) Campo Delgado Columbia 12/4/86 30 killed, 15 wounded.

http://www.top5ofanything.com/index.php?h=db8a4490

Madness is not something particular to America. It can and does happen anywhere.

The absolute most any law can do is make it slightly more difficult for a given individual to get certain tools, so a law banning X could well result in the killer using Y, which might be even more deadly in effect. (can't easily -or cheaply- get an "assault weapon, so use a bomb, or gasoline and a match....etc..)

We cannot read minds. There is no way to determine who is going to snap, or when. Some give hints, or clues, but by no means all do. And recognizing those clues for what they are, BEFORE a violent act is committed is seldom possible.

There is no easy fix, and world history seems to show that there is really no "fix" at all, at least not so long as mankind remains what we are. The only thing I am certain about, is that no gun control law (or any kind of law) will prevent it happening again, somewhere, sometime.

And the people telling us that it will, or that "if it saves just one..." are either woefully ignorant, or deliberately lying to us, and themselves.

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."