Beth,

I had a somewhat similar experience a couple years ago. It was Christmas Eve and I was driving home from a last minute stop a the grocery store. I pull down my street, which is in a somewhat suburban area, but certainly not country. Anyway, I see a big ol' white pot belly pig crossing in front of me oinking away. lol I had the same reaction as you as disbelief. A few houses down there was another pig walking across my neighbors lawn.

I pulled up my driveway and a few neighbors came out, all of us in disbelief. No sooner were we all gawking at these fat little porkers, did animal control stop by. What a riot watching them try to grab a hold of these pigs. lol

I found out shortly afterward, that they were actually pet pigs of someone around the corner. Can you imagine??? I am only guessing that in my area it's illegal to have pigs for pets, and don't know what animal control did to handle it after that.

Since it was Christmas Eve, I was wondering if perhaps it was someone's holiday dinner. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon