Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
If you read back a few pages, I mentioned video games. My daughter just did her psych rotation in nursing school and had to do an in-depth research paper. Her hypothesis was that overexposure to those shoot 'em up video games made one more violent. Every study that she found proved her wrong. While they desensitized the players to violence, they did not make them behave violently.

I can attest to that being false. I've played those kinds of games since I was little, hell i remember playing Doom and Wolfenstein when i was like 5, and I don't go out beating people up or killing people.

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

As for the second amendment, it refers to a well-armed militia, not a well-armed suburbanite. Also, when it was written, I'm pretty sure that the founders were thinking of MUSKETS not assault rifles or handguns with 30 round clips. These are military weapons that have no place in the home.
30 round hi-cap mags are used for competition shooting and like I said before, most states have made those illegal anyway. Tightening regulations on guns isn't going to exactly get rid of the problem because you can easily go into any major city and find someone who can get you a fully automatic tec-9, mac-11 or AK47 with 50-100 round mags, and tightening regulations on law abiding people isn't going to get rid of that problem.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"