Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I guess you're talking about me?

Well, you're right. But look at my post. I never mentioned the second amendment. Not once. My question is, Who needs an assault rifle?

And please don't tell me that they're "fun to shoot." Because that's as rednecky an answer as there is. If you can list a single reason for a private citizen to own an assault weapon, I'm all ears and willing to listen. I enjoy a free debate, FF. I thought you knew that.
hey pizzaboy, that wasn't directed at anybody in particular, and nobody here, i hear comments like that all the time, so it was adressed more to whom it may concern. as for reasons to own one, they are fun to shoot, but again, they are an effective self defense weapon. i'm very pro-gun, so please don't get offended when i say this, but if you(again, not sure of your backround with guns, so more again to whom it may concern) have little or no experience with guns, who are you to decide what is appropriate? just because a weapon looks a certain way or has the ability to hold more ammo doesn't automatically make it way more deadly. it all comes down to the user. the problem is, if we ban all high capacity mags, and god forbid, a shooting happens with a pump shotgun, the response is the same. get rid of them, no need for that ect!

we have roughly 90 million gun owners in this country, with over 300 million guns. the overwhelming majority are upstanding citizens. banning a certain make or model will do nothing. during clintons "ban", were there any less murders than today? no, you had jonesboro, columbine ect. the other issue i have is you never here about guns being used for good, and there are plenty of stories.

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 12/17/12 07:57 PM.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!