Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet

I doubt the thing that if firearms would be banned then there would be no such events.

I guess we'll have to settle for less such events. I could live with that. I'm sure BB.Net can too. How about you?

Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet

It would just make it like this - the bad guys would have guns as criminals will sell guns ilegally. And the civilians will get shot/robbed, because they won't have a thing to protect themselves.

With our gun laws, are we any safer? It's one thing to debate if we were Western Europe regarding gun control, but WE ARE NOT. We're guns galore but damn these shootings keep happening quite regularly. And it feels like it's getting worse. I mean when Columbine happened, JESUS CHRIST! Now when these happen, we go Oh. In fact would we be as upset over this new tragedy if it wasn't for a truckload of dead little children?

How many school shootings happened back in the 60s when we last had a President that was very pro-gun control? OK you had that Texas bell shooter, but...that's it? So more school shootings with more lax gun laws, i.e. more guns out there, and...yeah logic would dictate that the solution you're defending IS NOT FUCKING WORKING.

Besides your defeatist rationality is pretty daft. Hey we've always had murder, and always will. Our laws against murder sure don't seem to stop them from ever happening again. Let's legalize murder. Same thing for rape and oh yeah pedophilia.

Be serious.

The difference with owning a gun and raping someone is, that you own a gun, you're a collector or using it for personal safety. And if you're raping people then you got some mental problems or you're a cheap asshole not wanting to pay a hooker for her job.

I own a pistol myself. So what? Now I'm some pshyco who'll go into a school and murder children? No, I'm not. I got my own reasons why do I own this pistol and it has nothing to do with me wanting to kill or even use it against someone.

You don't need to ban guns from everyone, you need to ban guns from idiots. And that's why you got mental tests and everything that you test these people with. And that's why you got the police department that should check on the person if he's holding the weapon according to the law. For example in my country, if you want to own a gun, you need a safe in your house, which is attached to the floor and police comes to check if it's all good there, only then you can get your gun.

Once idiots stop getting guns and normal people keep getting them, these problems should go.