GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 661 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,483
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,531
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,442
Posts1,061,041
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: school shooting [Re: BAM_233] #683713
12/16/12 03:56 PM
12/16/12 03:56 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I thought the mother's body was found in CT? She was in NJ? confused There was no other adult murdered away from the school then?

I agree Bam, the media has F-ed up a LOT on this story reporting heresay/unconfirmed info. I can see going after a story, but for wait for facts before you report.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #683714
12/16/12 03:57 PM
12/16/12 03:57 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
The mom was found in her home in CT. Nobody was found dead in NJ in regards to this case, I dont know where that came from.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: school shooting [Re: Dapper_Don] #683717
12/16/12 04:27 PM
12/16/12 04:27 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Either they confused another crime with what was going on in CT or somebody just found a blog or tweet and ran with it.

The media needs to get there facts straight, need to stop asking questions to children that just dealt with the most traumatizing event in there young lives, and most of all stop showing the monsters face/name and show the victim's/hero's name and story. We barely remember a victim from any massacre, but we always remember the monster's name. Shouldn't be like that.

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #683722
12/16/12 04:55 PM
12/16/12 04:55 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
The news reported the following statistic: If you bring a gun in your home, it is 22 times more likely to be used in a suicide (attempt or successful), a homicide or an accidental shooting than in self-defense.

There are some guns I just don't get the need for, and don't tell me that it's "cool". There is nothing cool about a killing machine. One of the handguns, I believe the Sig Sauer, that the gunman used had a clip with 30 rounds. You don't hunt deer or bear with that. You kill people. That's its only purpose - to kill as many people as possible in as short a time as possible. Why would anyone outside the police or military need such a weapon?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: school shooting [Re: Sicilian Babe] #683734
12/16/12 07:33 PM
12/16/12 07:33 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
The news reported the following statistic: If you bring a gun in your home, it is 22 times more likely to be used in a suicide (attempt or successful), a homicide or an accidental shooting than in self-defense.

There are some guns I just don't get the need for, and don't tell me that it's "cool". There is nothing cool about a killing machine. One of the handguns, I believe the Sig Sauer, that the gunman used had a clip with 30 rounds. You don't hunt deer or bear with that. You kill people. That's its only purpose - to kill as many people as possible in as short a time as possible. Why would anyone outside the police or military need such a weapon?

To shoot such a miserable person who goes and kills little children? I think that's the purpose of the gun to prevent yourself from being killed and to protect others.

I doubt the thing that if firearms would be banned then there would be no such events. It would just make it like this - the bad guys would have guns as criminals will sell guns ilegally. And the civilians will get shot/robbed, because they won't have a thing to protect themselves.

Another question is - to who you give out a gun. Make a normal mental test and if he's ok then give him the weapon out. Or just sell it to anyone who comes in the store just like a potato.

Re: school shooting [Re: Sicilian Babe] #683735
12/16/12 07:36 PM
12/16/12 07:36 PM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts

Sigs usually don't come with a 30 round mag, those can usually be purchased aftermarket as high capacity mags, but alot of states have those illegal anyway.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"
Re: school shooting [Re: SC] #683771
12/16/12 11:05 PM
12/16/12 11:05 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline OP
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline OP
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: SC
CNN just reported that one of the churches in Newtown had to be evacuated by police after some threat was phoned in. More than likely it was a hoax, but what kind of sick fucked-up individual would do that??? uhwhat

Someone who is pure EVIL!!

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #683778
12/16/12 11:48 PM
12/16/12 11:48 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mignon
CNN just reported that one of the churches in Newtown had to be evacuated by police after some threat was phoned in. More than likely it was a hoax, but what kind of sick fucked-up individual would do that??? uhwhat

Someone who is pure EVIL!!

I hope the FBI finds out who it was, bust through there front door guns drawn and scare the living hell of this fuck.

Re: school shooting [Re: scarfacetm] #683781
12/17/12 12:10 AM
12/17/12 12:10 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
Sigs usually don't come with a 30 round mag, those can usually be purchased aftermarket as high capacity mags, but alot of states have those illegal anyway.

Apparently not enough. And really? We're worried about being gunned down by criminals? The guns used in the massacres of Aurora, Columbine, Virginia Tech and now Newtown were all purchased LEGALLY. Apparently there are too many holes in our current laws if this can happen. Stop the bullshit.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: school shooting [Re: Sicilian Babe] #683790
12/17/12 01:26 AM
12/17/12 01:26 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Originally Posted By: scarfacetm

Apparently not enough. And really? We're worried about being gunned down by criminals? The guns used in the massacres of Aurora, Columbine, Virginia Tech and now Newtown were all purchased LEGALLY. Apparently there are too many holes in our current laws if this can happen. Stop the bullshit.

Then your country needs to stop giving out guns to idiots and give them only to normal people. My news wrote that the shooter was mentally ill with autism. How the hell did he get "legally" those guns?

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #683792
12/17/12 02:02 AM
12/17/12 02:02 AM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
In NFL post-game: an ad for shoot 'em up video game. I'm all for curbing weapons of war. But shouldn't we also quit marketing murder as a game?

Re: school shooting [Re: ThePolakVet] #683793
12/17/12 02:07 AM
12/17/12 02:07 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet

I doubt the thing that if firearms would be banned then there would be no such events.

I guess we'll have to settle for less such events. I could live with that. I'm sure BB.Net can too. How about you?

Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet

It would just make it like this - the bad guys would have guns as criminals will sell guns ilegally. And the civilians will get shot/robbed, because they won't have a thing to protect themselves.

With our gun laws, are we any safer? It's one thing to debate if we were Western Europe regarding gun control, but WE ARE NOT. We're guns galore but damn these shootings keep happening quite regularly. And it feels like it's getting worse. I mean when Columbine happened, JESUS CHRIST! Now when these happen, we go Oh. In fact would we be as upset over this new tragedy if it wasn't for a truckload of dead little children?

How many school shootings happened back in the 60s when we last had a President that was very pro-gun control? OK you had that Texas bell shooter, but...that's it? So more school shootings with more lax gun laws, i.e. more guns out there, and...yeah logic would dictate that the solution you're defending IS NOT FUCKING WORKING.

Besides your defeatist rationality is pretty daft. Hey we've always had murder, and always will. Our laws against murder sure don't seem to stop them from ever happening again. Let's legalize murder. Same thing for rape and oh yeah pedophilia.

Be serious.

Re: school shooting [Re: Frank_Nitti] #683794
12/17/12 02:13 AM
12/17/12 02:13 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
In NFL post-game: an ad for shoot 'em up video game. I'm all for curbing weapons of war. But shouldn't we also quit marketing murder as a game?

If that happen, that would kill at least 80% of video games out there. We would have a 2nd video game industry crash.

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #683797
12/17/12 02:32 AM
12/17/12 02:32 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Oh and for the record, those that are seriously arguing teachers or principals should be armed...think about this seriously for a moment.

In war, how many times have we read stories about innocent civilians getting killed in battle? How about reports of friendly fire accidents? Unintentional, but THEY DO UNFORTUNATELY HAPPEN. The same goes for whenever police get into shootouts with criminals, bystanders get hit or worse.

Why? Because life isn't an action movie where you pull out a gun, plug a baddie, put gun back in holster, THE END. No anytime when guns are drawn, you have chaos with bodies moving everywhere and chaos reigns when you're responding quickly and don't have time at all to think clearly and know your surroundings. Seriously how routinely does it feel when we hear about a cop killing a guy who was reaching out for his wallet because he thought this guy was pulling out a piece?

Then there are physics at play. Ricochet bullets have hurt God knows how many folks. And you can't plan or do anything really against that. Even when people are shot, bullets can pass through and continue on their trajectories...and possibly hit other people.

And the thing is, cops and soldiers are paid, trained, and conditioned to do as best as possible in these shall we say, war zone situations. Most prepared for using their weapons to pacify a hostile enemy, i.e. eliminating.

Teachers aren't. Oh sure you can make them take a course and hope (unless legally obligated) they routinely go target practicing, but they're not soldiers or cops. Even strapped with a gun, they're not going to be in the constant self-preparing mind frame of engaging in gunfire like cops and soldiers are. They're mind frame is homework and fretting about their shit pay and wondering why they didn't go to law/medical school.

If cops and soldiers have the same accidents with bullets as I mentioned above, logic surely dictates that they would have the same problems. IF NOT WORSE. Unless you're willing to tell me with a straight face that a balding Chemistry professor or Kindergarden teacher won't fuck up?

I'll tell you all this. If the right now calling for armed teachers have their way, the next shooting happens and a teacher/principle accidentally plugs an innocent kid...what you think the public and family of such collateral damage will just shrug? No they'll be angry, demand action, and we'll be back where we are right now. Then what next, make kids wear kelvar? School metal detectors?

Why are guns banned from schools in the first place? Guns kill people, purposeful or not. Kids go to schools. Guns kill + Kids = Dead kids. That's why we banned them in the first place. Right? Sometimes there was common sense originally.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 12/17/12 02:34 AM.
Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #683798
12/17/12 02:48 AM
12/17/12 02:48 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Another shooting in San Antonio last night, at a movie theatre. At least 2 injured.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/SAP...DrsHjXx2kQ.cspx

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #683802
12/17/12 03:23 AM
12/17/12 03:23 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Quote:
"We can't tolerate this anymore," he added. "These tragedies must end, and to end them, we must change. We will be told that the causes of such violence are complex, and it is true. No single law, no set of laws can eliminate evil from the world or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society. But that can't be an excuse for inaction. Surely we can do better than this."

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 12/17/12 03:26 AM.
Re: Newtown, CT School Shooting [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #683807
12/17/12 07:36 AM
12/17/12 07:36 AM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Slate: Shooter's Mother was avid gun collector, taught her children how to use/shoot them, took them to target shooting

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2...y_shooting.html

Not only was she a gun collector, apparently she was one of those crazy "doomsday preppers".

Re: Newtown, CT School Shooting [Re: Just Lou] #683809
12/17/12 07:52 AM
12/17/12 07:52 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Not only was she a gun collector, apparently she was one of those crazy "doomsday preppers".

She, obviously, didn't prepare herself for this.

Some news stories I've seen about her paint her as an overbearing mother. Add that to a kid with Aspergers and it becomes a deadly mix.

Re: Newtown, CT School Shooting [Re: SC] #683810
12/17/12 08:17 AM
12/17/12 08:17 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: Just Lou

She, obviously, didn't prepare herself for this.

Some news stories I've seen about her paint her as an overbearing mother. Add that to a kid with Aspergers and it becomes a deadly mix.

Deadly mix indeed. She was probably putting a lot of strange things inside this kid's already screwed up head, and surrounding him with weapons. Now I'm hearing he had 5 guns on him, not just 3.

Re: school shooting [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #683833
12/17/12 12:04 PM
12/17/12 12:04 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Oh and for the record, those that are seriously arguing teachers or principals should be armed...think about this seriously for a moment.

In war, how many times have we read stories about innocent civilians getting killed in battle? How about reports of friendly fire accidents? Unintentional, but THEY DO UNFORTUNATELY HAPPEN. The same goes for whenever police get into shootouts with criminals, bystanders get hit or worse.

Why? Because life isn't an action movie where you pull out a gun, plug a baddie, put gun back in holster, THE END. No anytime when guns are drawn, you have chaos with bodies moving everywhere and chaos reigns when you're responding quickly and don't have time at all to think clearly and know your surroundings. Seriously how routinely does it feel when we hear about a cop killing a guy who was reaching out for his wallet because he thought this guy was pulling out a piece?

Then there are physics at play. Ricochet bullets have hurt God knows how many folks. And you can't plan or do anything really against that. Even when people are shot, bullets can pass through and continue on their trajectories...and possibly hit other people.

And the thing is, cops and soldiers are paid, trained, and conditioned to do as best as possible in these shall we say, war zone situations. Most prepared for using their weapons to pacify a hostile enemy, i.e. eliminating.

Teachers aren't. Oh sure you can make them take a course and hope (unless legally obligated) they routinely go target practicing, but they're not soldiers or cops. Even strapped with a gun, they're not going to be in the constant self-preparing mind frame of engaging in gunfire like cops and soldiers are. They're mind frame is homework and fretting about their shit pay and wondering why they didn't go to law/medical school.

If cops and soldiers have the same accidents with bullets as I mentioned above, logic surely dictates that they would have the same problems. IF NOT WORSE. Unless you're willing to tell me with a straight face that a balding Chemistry professor or Kindergarden teacher won't fuck up?

I'll tell you all this. If the right now calling for armed teachers have their way, the next shooting happens and a teacher/principle accidentally plugs an innocent kid...what you think the public and family of such collateral damage will just shrug? No they'll be angry, demand action, and we'll be back where we are right now. Then what next, make kids wear kelvar? School metal detectors?

Why are guns banned from schools in the first place? Guns kill people, purposeful or not. Kids go to schools. Guns kill + Kids = Dead kids. That's why we banned them in the first place. Right? Sometimes there was common sense originally.

They want these lazy over paid, union thugs to suddenly become trained Navy Seals. mad

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/17/12 12:06 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: school shooting [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #683834
12/17/12 12:08 PM
12/17/12 12:08 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

We lose more people to guns each year than we lost on 9/11. Bottom lie is the assault rifles and multi round clips are a threat to our national security.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: school shooting [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #683838
12/17/12 12:15 PM
12/17/12 12:15 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
They want these lazy over paid, union thugs to suddenly become trained Navy Seals. mad

TIS

To whom are you referring?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: school shooting [Re: olivant] #683839
12/17/12 12:23 PM
12/17/12 12:23 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

TIS

To whom are you referring?

(RR Article) I am referring to the anti-union people/politicians who claim teachers are overpaid, lazy and want to bust unions. Surely you've seen what went on in WI? They want to take away collective bargaining but NOW some politicians want teachers to have guns at school.

confused

TIS

Re: school shooting [Re: dontomasso] #683853
12/17/12 01:28 PM
12/17/12 01:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Bottom lie is the assault rifles and multi round clips are a threat to our national security.

That's it right there. That's all anyone is saying. I'm all for hunting and home protection. Hell, I'm even for sport and target shooting with handguns, for people who qualify for a license. But no one is ever going to convince me that they need an assault rifle for anything close to home protection or hunting. No private citizen should be able to purchase one.

I'm one of the rare Democrats who wasn't in love with Bill Clinton, but in my opinion his ten year ban on assault weapons was one of the high points of his Presidency. And the world didn't end for the gun lovers in this country, now did it?

Bush should have renewed it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: school shooting [Re: pizzaboy] #683860
12/17/12 02:06 PM
12/17/12 02:06 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

The new law should close the gun show loophole

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: school shooting [Re: dontomasso] #683861
12/17/12 02:07 PM
12/17/12 02:07 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
The new law should close the gun show loophole

Top priorty.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: school shooting [Re: Frank_Nitti] #683910
12/17/12 03:25 PM
12/17/12 03:25 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti

It's a video game. Should they have showed that a couple days after a tragedy, probably not. Honestly though video games are getting the same shit that comic books got back in the 50's.

Also, they showed ad's for djaingo unchained and gangster squad. Both showing guns being fired.

Re: school shooting [Re: BAM_233] #683912
12/17/12 03:28 PM
12/17/12 03:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Relax, Bam. No one is going to take your Nintendo away. But these things have to be explored. Studies have to be made, etc.

Because the truth is, we really don't know. This shit never happened before the video game generation. Now that's probably just a coincidence, but it doesn't hurt to find out for sure.

Re: school shooting [Re: Mignon] #683916
12/17/12 03:33 PM
12/17/12 03:33 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
We are the outcome of our genetics and everything that we are exposed to. Most of us are able to thresh through our genetics and develop the positives and eschew the negatives; some are not able to do that. Most of us are able to integrate that which we are exposed to into a productive, non-aggressive and non-destructive personal framework; some are not able to do that.

Last edited by olivant; 12/17/12 03:34 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: school shooting [Re: olivant] #683919
12/17/12 03:45 PM
12/17/12 03:45 PM
California

California
While I am for, and it's good to explore everything, bottom line is it is still the gun that kills, not the video game or the movie, or the song.

I never really thought about until recently when my grandkids were watching an old Tom & Jerry cartoon, which consisted of hammers on the head, throwing off cliffs and that type of thing. My daughter is the one who commented on it's violence, while I didn't really take note of it til then. confused

Man, we were exposed to that all the time as kids. AND, what about the Three Stooges? My God, today they'd be considered awfully violent. Yet, these were things we KNEW not to do. Most people do NOT imitate what they see. Some with troubled minds will, and of course we can't catch/help ALL of them the all the time but there is absolutely no reason NOT to talk about this issue and take some kind of action.

TIS

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull