Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
The news reported the following statistic: If you bring a gun in your home, it is 22 times more likely to be used in a suicide (attempt or successful), a homicide or an accidental shooting than in self-defense.

There are some guns I just don't get the need for, and don't tell me that it's "cool". There is nothing cool about a killing machine. One of the handguns, I believe the Sig Sauer, that the gunman used had a clip with 30 rounds. You don't hunt deer or bear with that. You kill people. That's its only purpose - to kill as many people as possible in as short a time as possible. Why would anyone outside the police or military need such a weapon?

To shoot such a miserable person who goes and kills little children? I think that's the purpose of the gun to prevent yourself from being killed and to protect others.

I doubt the thing that if firearms would be banned then there would be no such events. It would just make it like this - the bad guys would have guns as criminals will sell guns ilegally. And the civilians will get shot/robbed, because they won't have a thing to protect themselves.

Another question is - to who you give out a gun. Make a normal mental test and if he's ok then give him the weapon out. Or just sell it to anyone who comes in the store just like a potato.