Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
And on your last point, I would much rather do the opposite. Have no national tragedies, etc even if it means I have to give up some of my individual rights to guns and lose some of my privacy because lets be honest we have very little privacy nowadays anyways and if an individual is extremely concerned about these issues then that tells me that person is somebody that should be monitored cause they might be up to something or there is a reason that they take these issues to heart most of the time.
is the last part referring to me? its okay if it is, but regardless, everybody should be concerned with privacy and individual rights. yes, we have lost an insane amount of freedom over the last decade, which is why we should hold on even tighter to what we have left. i'm not even talking gun rights here, but privacy. i don't want the government listening to my calls or monitoring my internet activity for the simple reason that its my business. this whole idea of "well, if you have nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a problem" is total bullshit and about as un-american as can be. things are always taken away incrimentally, and we should all be aware of that. if nobody is concerned with privacy, why not have cameras in all our houses? seems silly, but who's to say 20-30 years down the road thats out of the realm of possibility?

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!