Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies

education is also the key, so for everyone who calls to ban guns, or is in favor of more restrictive gun laws, fine you have a right to your opinion, but first educate yourselves on what the current gun laws already in place are. conneticut is far from a so called "gun friendly" state. there are waiting periods, as well as mandatory training for people who wish to own handguns. i own 2 guns, a shotgun and a .22 rifle, far from what are considered "assault weapons", although they still have the ability to cause damage. guess what, never had a single problem ever, but i also don't advertise that i own anything outside of an anynomous forum for the simple fact that not much good comes from that. its very hard to stop "crazy", and there are many different opinions on how to do so. these are just my opinions, but they are just as valid as anybody elses.

Re-read what I wrote. I never said anything about banning non-assault weapons. I wasn't talking about this particular news story, or that state's particular gun laws. But you're upset none the less. Not crazy, but mad regardless.

This is something gun folks love to do (and gun control people do as well), change the topic from a speciality fine point and instead talk about all guns as equal or all should be treated as such, or whatever simplified nonsense.

Again, why do people need to own assault weapons? We're not talking guns or shotguns. We're talking assault weapons. Why the need to own them? We're not having a brutal civil war like Syria, where an alleged 40,000 people have been killed so far (by a tyrant and his revolting opposition), and well local common sense dictate you get armed to save yourself. Is there a civil war up in New England I don't know about? Are those Hartford hockey fans still mad about their Whalers moving away

Besides your "education" cover defense is bull. How long have we been educating people that they shouldn't drink and drive? Yet it's still banned. How long, and with how much taxpaper money, have we told the public not to use pot or heroin and coke and meth and so forth? Yet they're still illegal. If anything I suppose assault weapons are like cigarettes. No fucking use, no reason to buy/use smokes (Pot at least arguably has the painkiller/glacoma medical cover) yet they're still legal. And people buy them.

OK people like cigarettes, they're addicted to them or enjoy smoking them. You can argue that. With assault weapons....again, why?

In general, moving away from my assault weapons rant, I'm neither for gun rights abolition or an unrestricted 2nd Amendment. I'm for common sense.

And god dammit that's truely sorely lacking in America today.