first off, i strongly believe that every school should have at least one police officer there full time, a great first step as far as either stopping the threat outright or limiting the potential damage. there is something to be said about keeping weapons secure though, but that comes down to the individual. plently of details will come to light in the next few days, but who's to say the guy didn't tie his mother up and force her to hand over the guns? seeing as how crazy he was, thats not out of the realm of possibility.

education is also the key, so for everyone who calls to ban guns, or is in favor of more restrictive gun laws, fine you have a right to your opinion, but first educate yourselves on what the current gun laws already in place are. conneticut is far from a so called "gun friendly" state. there are waiting periods, as well as mandatory training for people who wish to own handguns. i own 2 guns, a shotgun and a .22 rifle, far from what are considered "assault weapons", although they still have the ability to cause damage. guess what, never had a single problem ever, but i also don't advertise that i own anything outside of an anynomous forum for the simple fact that not much good comes from that. its very hard to stop "crazy", and there are many different opinions on how to do so. these are just my opinions, but they are just as valid as anybody elses.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!