It´s a good read...if you know what the hell they are talking about! One would really need to have the whole picture before understanding these wire taps transcripts. I guess they can be interpreted in all kinds of ways which is why the government gladly uses these in front of a jury. This transcript, the one posted, is not intellectually stimulating. But I assume the two men are talking about guys who doesen´t want the top job. The converasation eventually touches upon Tony Federici who also didn´t want the job and apparently gave up his operations to Tony Rom.

"CAFARO: Let me tell you something. He gave up all of his business. He gave up his bookmaking, shylocking, everything. He gave it to Rom. He gave it to him.
CW: Really?
CAFARO: He's so wealthy, real estate wise. He's got buildings; he's got property; he's got the restaurant. What the fuck does he need? And he's smart."

"CAFARO: Smart guys, you don't want them taking that position
because eventually they get, they go and what are you gonna have?
You see what's happening in all the other crews. They got amateurs.
CW: Yup. People gotta stay behind the scenes a little bit.
CAFARO: Oh, without a doubt. That's why all those years, nobody knew who Ben was. See, nobody knew who he was.
CW: No, huh.
CAFARO: Nobody."

- This "Ben", has to be a reference to Philip Lombardo who was nicknamed "Benny Squint; Benny Turpin", the Genovese leader back in the 1970s who totally flew under the feds´ radar.

[Linked Image]