Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
is throggs neck italian still pizzaboy?

As a whole Throggs Neck is still mostly Italian and Irish, Nicky. I'm on the Country Club/Throggs Neck border. Country Club is more Italian, Throggs Neck is more Irish. On the other side of I95, over by Tremont, the neighborhood is becoming a little bit more diverse.

But you have to remember, I'm 53 years old. I've lived in Throggs Neck for 25 years. And the changes to Throggs Neck are minimal compared to the changes where I grew up (In the Arthur Avenue-Belmont section of the Bronx). That neighborhood is almost entirely Latino today. Even the Albanians, who followed the Italians to Belmont, have moved to the suburbs. The stores and restaurants are still Italian, but the actual population, not so much.

We live in Florida for about four months a year. Other than that I'm never leaving Throggs Neck. If I was going to bolt for Westchester or the Island, I would have done it a long time ago, when my kids were small.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.