Originally Posted By: meffaboston
Lol I got a quick question for you pizza an sitonmyface....wats gottis rep on the street today or even when he died u think certain ppl were pissed about his bullshit...I honestly think massino said it right "john set this thing back 100 yrs"

pizzas right. the one thing i give john props for,is being a loyal and having balls. its one thing to kill a guy. its one thing to kill two guys. it is one thing to kill two guys without the boss.but to kill the boss and his under?then take over himself?balls.balls.balls. he was respected for that. i think there was a 'mutual' fear between the chin and gotti. the 'chin' was the only one with the juice to take out gotti. and gotti was the only one with balls enough to take a shot at the chin.lol.

john had a lot of 'supporters'. honestly he was a 'lovable' guy. ive seen him twice in my life. we were 'formally' introduced at the old casa calamari. the 'nose' introduced us. he knew my father as well as he was friends with oneil. he was 'larger than life'.so to speak. he reminded me of that popular kid in high school that always had a bunch of kids around him. asking him 'hows the wine john', 'nice tie john'....from everything ive heard.mostly from a friend of mine from h.b.,said he helped a lot of people in his neighborhood. just handing out money or food. i believe it. my father told me we should watch the procession. must have been ten thousand people lined up and down the road there in ozp and hb. [crossbay blvd i think i dont know queens].people crying, you would have thought it was princess diana.lol.

a lot of guys didnt like him though. the brothers from canarsie, the cherry hill guys. honestly,he had more balls than brains. in fact,a lot more.lol. like pizza says, the whole 'no plea' thing is rediculous.lol. the gambino brothers said 'fuck that' and took a plea.lol. if he was to see his family now hed be furious. the most powerful guys are the guys he never trusted.lol. truthfully,he wasnt smart enough to ever be picked 'legitamately' as boss. im not saying he wasnt smart, but it takes a certain personality to be boss with out destroying the family in the process.