Boston (or New England but he was based in Boston) boss Frank Salemme was half a mick. In fact to look at his mug he was practically 3 fifths the whole gallon of Bushmills.

What's more his best pal was Steve Flemmi who didn't even want his button or anything to do with that ginzo stuff cos basically him and WHitey did what they damn pleased anyway. And that's the way he liked it. Also they were cracked and got their kicks out of doing sick shit. But what does that make Salemme? He was best buddies with the guy. A boss. That's cracked too.

Salemme, New England and the rest of the Boston crews were more or less one and the same. Even Anguilo said "They are us". So they were under their wing and getting the protection but weren't paying the proper respect and hiding alot of the tributes they was suposed to be handing over. "We ain't making no money" Whitey said and everyone knew that was bullshit. Because those crews do pay tributes and even today what's left of those crews in Southie anyway have to do the same.

Right now even today there's probably one or two made men that are half Italian. In this June 22, 2011, meeting with a senior Gambino crime family member, Dinunzio allegedly discussed the rules for being made:-

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2012/April/12-crm-533.html

In discussing a fellow LCN member, Dinunzio allegedly stated, “You know what I can’t understand? How the hell did he get made, because he’s half Irish…I don’t understand that...that’s not the rules…you gotta do one hundred percent (Italian).

So even if it ain't happening now it has obviously happened in the past.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 12/03/12 09:56 AM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin