Three men -- each with ties to violent gangs, including the Hells Angels and the Gambino crime family -- have been indicted on extortion charges for allegedly threatening a Queens man on multiple occasions after he didn't pay back a $50,000 loan to the gangsters' satisfaction.

According to court documents obtained by the Voice, James Ferrara, a Gambino associate; Daniel Hanley, a member of the Westies street gang; and Peter Kanakis, a member of the Demon Knights -- a sub-chapter of the Hells Angels -- have been hit with an eight-count indictment charging them with multiple counts of extortion. In August, 2011, the victim was on his way to work when he received a call from a co-worker at his business alerting him that a man with brass knuckles was at his store and was looking for him. Rather than face the man -- and the brass knuckles -- the victim drove past the store, where he saw the man with the knuckles standing out front. Shortly after, the victim noticed a black truck following him. While stopped at a traffic light, the driver of the truck -- which later was identified as belonging to Kanakis's wife -- approached the driver's side window of the victim's vehicle. He was carrying a bat.

According to the indictment, the thug -- presumably Kanakis -- tapped on the window and told the victim, "This is your last chance to pay, Jimmy," presumably referring to Ferrara. A few months later, in December, the same victim was trying to back out of the driveway of his Queens home when a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt fired a gun at his car. Luckily, the bullet missed the victim. A few days later, the victim met with Kanakis and Ferrara at a diner in Brooklyn, where they explained to him -- during a recorded conversation -- that he now owed them $60,000 and an additional $1,000 for every week it wasn't repaid. The victim protested, claiming that he'd already repaid the initial $50,000. Ferrara responded by telling him: "I don't care what you paid in the past. I want my money now. If you want to make a deal, we'll make a deal. If not, whatever happens happens." "With alleged involvement of the Gambinos, Westies, and Hells Angels, this case hit the trifecta of loansharking and extortion," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly says.