Originally Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci
Yeah it did answer some but where would one begin? Like, if you know people who do drugs, then they probably know someone who deals right? What I mean is, if you're totally unconnected, how would one get connected, without seeming too hard up? You don't want to come off like a wanna be and be sticking your head up some connected guy's ass, don't get you nowhere. But what do you do?

I'm asking cause I wanna write a book on this stuff. My father's helping me with some of it; He grew up in Bensonhurst back in the 60s, 70s, saw a lot of things and knew (casually, not personally) guys like Jimmy Emma and Papa Bear, and his grandfather was one of the biggest bookies and loan sharks in the neighborhood in the '30s and '40s, part of an arson ring too, and held the respect of Bensonhurst's Capo, some guy named Jack the Barber, something like that. But my great grandpa's name oddly ain't in any mob book I ever read.

i am familiar with some of the guys you talk about. i grew up around the same time feel free to send me a message if you like.