Quote:
Let me tell you something I can't speak for howie winter but the Martorano's are scum. There are 3 separate Martorano families in S. Phila they put their drug money into property and prey on young hipsters that move into Bella Vista. They bank off the old man's name. The one guy in his 50's recently just caught a beating, but that's not something you read in the paper or a police report. They don't have any clout like the Scarfo Regime. There being made fun of by Rats in court. Lawyers,Councilmen, and any public official is not going to risk their career to help these guys it just isn't worth it for them and its not like their scared of the current administration. Also the African-American Community have their own suppliers and don't need " frankie dirt" from 1962 to get them a kilo of dope or coke."

Well in Howie's neck of the woods the next generation of Martoranos is not doing the Martarano name any favours either. That's something Howie would know about. Even John Martorano calls his son a bum. Earlier this year caught purse snatching in Charlestown.

James and Johnny were pretty scary back in the day though. What about George? Sounds like he needs a Philadelphia lawyer to but can't get one in Philly? No wonder he's serving his 29th yearwhistle

Maybe he should hire John Berkery.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin