thank you tiger.lol. you get it though. there are no 'hard and fast' rules. just know that most guys start hanging 'around' in the late 20s, early 30s. [today i mean]. back in my day you started a lot younger. it really was a neighborhood thing. there were a lot more gangs back then. you hung out with a lot of tough guys and kids tht dreamed of being made. the bullshitters got 'weeded out' quick. if you couldnt hold your ground people would find out. now, a lot of new made guys are worried about looking 'tough' instead of being tough. and in 10 yrs, there either in a fed prison, witsec, or working a 40 hr work week like the rest of us. there are exceptions. plenty of them. but thats the majority.

to the guy who mentioned which crew, your right to. but there are bums that are with the westside. whos that colombo guy with the car dealerships? john S-------, worth 50 million dollars!if your the son of a union boss, youve got it made i dont care who your with. its all who you know. if your nephew of some skipper with a family, you got a good chance to rise fast and [possibly] make some money. if your the nephew of a baker, you got a good chance to learn how to make the other kind of 'dough'.lol.

sal vitale must be it, he worked until he was in his late 30s, completely legit work. he marries joe massinos sister, hes underboss of the bonannos in 5 yrs.lol. perfect example.