As much as they are considered secretive and impossible to figure out, lack of known FBI investigations the last few years may simply be why they are considered this way. We know that the Family was led by a ruling panel back in mid 2000s and a similar ruling panel may still be in place. The problem is, we don´t know for sure who sits on it. The ones who are members of this ruling panel, may be more akin to responsibility for the sake of the Family, more so than ever before, and not tainted by greed for money and power.
We know that Gigante implemented a more "liberal" way of kicking up to him, letting the captains keep a large chunk of the money. This way of running the Family may still be the name of the game. "Liberal" may be a wrong word to use, because this way of running a Family was done by the bosses early on. But it´s a total contrast to Gotti´s "feed-my-ego" and "feed-my-thousands-of-dollars-a-day-gambling-habit" way of running things.

Are there informants within the Genoveses today? I´m sure there are. Either the feds, for some reason, aren´t able to put a case together against the top guys at the moment, or they are brewing and cooking on something real big, waiting to strike when the right moment comes along. Something massive. And perhaps it my come faster and sooner than most of us expect. As a fellow mob watcher, I hope it´s the latter.

[Linked Image]