Originally Posted By: sitonmyface11
its discipline. you lie you die. you cant lie to your skip.period. the westside has a standing rule. no drugs. period. although it isnt followed out to the 't',it is still a rule. which says more than the other families can. they killed what? 3 captains in 15-20 years? you fuck up, you die.they got a way of passing down orders that doesnt reveal who is giving them. the captains are guys who deserve to be there. not guys like mike uvino in the colombos knocking around guys himself. they had signs for different people. eg.[the chin]. you dont drop names, you plea out, take a fine, you get taken care of in prison. its dicipline.

Spot-on.

Originally Posted By: ovation32
Right now, we know that people such as Bellomo, Leo, Cirillo, Mangano, Dentico are likley running things because of the fact that they have been around and were arrested when they were younger (evidence of their role in the family came out in those trials).

I'll go along with that, although I've heard---and I have no reason to doubt---that Dentico and Mangano are both already retired for the most part. As was Matty when he died. But if people want to bring them envelopes for being warm and cuddly old men, they ain't gonna turn them away whistle.

Originally Posted By: ovation32
My guess is that Barney has been running things since Chin passed away.

If he's not acting boss already, he will be, assuming that he can stay out of jail. He doesn't have the bullseye on him that a Gotti had, or even the one that Basciano painted on his back, but it's there. The Feds resent the mail fraud plea they had to give him a few years ago. And when the Feds resent something, it doesn't soon go away.

Time will tell smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.