Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Do you think the shows being true to the Nucky Thompson story in real life? I can't quite gage how realistic it is to real life, I only know a little about the real Thompson and didn't think he was a murderer? Came across as a kind of lovable rouge from what I read.

My understanding is that Thompson did not kill anyone or order anyone's death though he certainly "palled around" (Sarah Palin shoutout whistle ) with those who did. He was both the political boss of Jersey and a business partner to Luciano, Zwillman, Dalitz, Lansky and others.

Physically Buscemi looks nothing like Thompson, who was a big massive guy. But Thompson's essence was being quite well dressed and being extremely profane. And that is something that Buscemi captured well.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.