Does anyone have a rough idea of the years mafia admittance was opened and closed? From the limited amount I know, Lucky seems to cosed the books in the 30s and they weren't reopened, except in special circumstances, until the 70s. I think i've read that they have closed and opened several times since then.

Just curious as I'd imagine admittance is a key mafia issue at the moment. On one hand RICO has wiped out whole generations and without new guys making up the numbers, the whole thing is threatened. On the other hand, admitting inexperienced new guys that haven’t been known to the family for generations and have had few tests of loyalty is just asking for trouble.Not that I know anything, but if it were up to me, I’d probabaly close the books and accept that in 2012 Cosa Nostra has to be a tight and lean operation to survive.

Apologies if this question has been answered before. You’ll not be surprised to learn searching the term “mafia books” isn’t very helpful, and “mafia admittance” just brings up a load of guys asking how to become gangsters….