How many made members would you estimate The Soprano family has? Am I completely wrong in thinking about 30?

Obviously we barely, if ever, see members of the Gervasi / Barese crew, and the suggestion is that Junior’s old crew has a few members we never meet.

At Gigi Cestone’s funeral Tony looks at Gigi’s crew for a potential new capo. There are only 3 or 4 guys slumped on the couch. Obviously there may have been other lesser members not seen, but the suggestion is these are the only guys Tony has to choose from. And even in Tony/Paulie’s crew, for the first 4 seasons at least, it would appear there are only about 4/5 full members.

I think I remember hearing something about the Barese crew being the largest, but in a family which appears to average about 5 men per crew, that may mean he still has less than 10 men, right?

So 5 crews averaging about 5 men, with a couple exceeding that number, plus a 3-man administration of boss, acting boss and consigliere? That would suggest about 30. Or am I completely wide of the mark and have somehow missed the fact there are a number of semi-autonomous crews we never meet?

Last edited by johnnyboysala; 11/19/12 10:43 AM.