not doing too good on yelp either...
http://www.yelp.com/biz/guys-american-kitchen-and-bar-new-york-2

i kinda feel bad for guy, as i think he's definatly become a target in the restaurant/chef world due to his personality. seems like this place is more like a tgi fridays with a twist, yet people wanna bash it for not being fine dining. now i'm sure there are a bunch of problems, not the least of which are some of the names of the menu items. i would be fucking embarassed to ask for an order of "Ain’t No Thing Butta Chicken Wing" why do these chefs feel it necessary to give "funky" names to everyday items? how about just an order of wings?

with that said, the place has only been open for two months so i'm sure there are still alot of bugs to work out, and lets be honest here, a place like this draws more from the fame of the owner than the quality of the food. furthermore, with the amount of foot traffic in the area, whether or not the food is as bad as some are saying there is a steady stream of suckers willing to try it out, and i doubt they will need to rely on repeat customers as much as a place without all the fanfare or name recognition of the owner. in that sense, the negative reviews are unlikely to hurt this place as much as some others. i do enjoy DDD though, particularly when he tries something that you can tell he doesn't really like, but tries to say something good about the dish anyway

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!