The Swimmer (1968) with Burt Lancaster. Very underrated when first released, now it's looked upon with a lot more respect. Don't want to give away too much of the plot - and especially the ending - but afterward, you may just want to see the whole film again to see the foreshadowing leading up to the final scene. Actually has Joan Rivers in a small dramatic role.

Lemora - A Child's Tale of the Supernatural. A strange and haunting very low-budget film from 1973 starring the young (and ultimately tragic) actress Cheryl "Rainbeaux" Smith. It now has a well-deserved cult following, and I understand it is available on DVD. A very strange vampire film, to say the least.

The Ruling Class (1972) with Peter O'Toole was not nearly as well received as it should have been, when first released in the US. O'Toole, who owned the rights to this incredibly bizarre, satirical British play, took no salary for playing the lead. He was also nominated for a Best Actor Academy Award. Certainly one of the strangest films I've ever seen, and one of my all-time favorites. Great cast, too. Incredible dialogue, starting with a jaw-dropping prologue involving cross-dressing and autoerotic asphyxiation (see photo) that sets up the story. The ending will grab you by the innards and not let go. Now, it's considered a near-classic, and rightfully so. See this one!

Those are just three off the top of my balding head; I may post more as I think of them.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."