Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
Good question... I know so little about Amuso...anyone know more about him than what's been shown on cable tv?

Most of the info available on Amuso can be found in the Casso book.
If memory serves me right, not mentioned in that book is the 1972 indictment of eight individuals on parole fixers. Among these were Amuso, Casso, a state parole officer and a former city correction officer. The charge was buying and selling parole from the Rikers Island jail.
Amuso and Casso were accused of paying $4,900 in an unsuccessful attempt to spring three policemen serving terms for stealing narcotics from Bronx addicts.
Bronx Dist. Atty. Burton Roberts claimed the pair were former members of "Crazy" Joey Gallo´s gang and "now with the Gambino Family".
The former city correction officer, Richard Curro, was later machinegunned but survived after giving testimony against the seven others in the case.
I´m not sure how the case went, but both Amuso and Casso were made into the Lucchese Family in 1976 (Casso) and 1977 (Amuso). Amuso was probably assaigned to Christy Funari´s Brooklyn crew. It says in the Casso book that Casso was put with Vinny "Beans" Foceri´s East Harlem crew but was later assaigned to Funari.
According to Casso, Funari offered him the position of crewleader in 1980 but Casso declined the offer recommending Amuso instead.

Amuso was also convicted of attempted robbery back in 1968. He pleaded guilty to the charges but wanted a new trial after being sentenced to minimum of two and one-half years and a maximum of ten years, claiming he was tricked into pleading guilty. His request for a new trial was dismissed.

[Linked Image]