Originally Posted By: ricobenes
Lol that's just simply not true. Carlo Gambino? You're out of your mind, Ricca is the only one that could be mentioned in that breath, possibly Aiuppa. Giancana was more powerful than any of them, but obviously the lack of longevity hurts his claim.

I honestly don't know where you people get this crap from. Im assuming books written by bogus sources (Bill Roemer) & poorly produced television programs like 'Mobsters'? The boss position was really a front boss until the early 90s? Come on now, that's just talking out of your butt, no offense.

Joe Batters was never the boss of the Chicago Outfit.

The Chicago outfit didn´t have the consigliere position in the way, for example, the NY Families had/have it. Tony Accardo was the boss of the outfit replacing Ricca in the 1940s. I have posted FBI documents saying so in earlier threads when Bridgeportvet (or whatever his name was) harried on here some time ago.
When Giancana was made boss, Accardo and Ricca stepped aside but remained as advisors, not consiglieres (the no three position normally seen with the NY Families).
Ricca and Accardo sat with the ultimate power and most of the heavier desicions went through them. This was necessary because Giancana turned out to be a horrible boss. They remained in this position also after Giancana was expelled probably because they found their positions, sitting in the background, suitable to them. And who can blame them?

I, and others as well, asked Bridgeportvet numerous of times where he got his information from. He never told us and kept mumbeling about him being on the streets of Chicago and therefore knew better than anybody else, that is, all posters, mob watchers, researchers, crime historians, FBI, LE etc.
So I´m asking you, Ricobenes, where do you get your info from from?

[Linked Image]