Originally Posted By: BAM_233
Originally Posted By: Mark
Tony, I have seen this and it is terrific. As many know here, I am a big Chicago sports fan and just graduated high school when Ben was killed. EVERYBODY who was even remotely interested in prep sports (especially hoops) in the state of Illinois was very familiar with this super-talented young man. A truly heart breaking and tragic story. IMO - it seemed to almost foreshadow an eventual bad ending financially if Ben was never shot. Let me explain... the documentary was filled with friends, team mates and family that were just waiting for Ben to sign the big contract and ride on his coat tails. I think Ben's good nature and willing to give may have eventually left him in financial ruin. I sure wish he had a chance to prove me wrong.

I remember hearing that rose wore ben's uniform number in dedication. I still haven't seen the documentary, but does derick rose remind you of ben wilson? Probably not playing wise, but personality.

I think that many lessons were learned in the neighborhoods that surround Simeon. They say that a lot of people looked out for Derrick Rose and kept him away from many of the influences and elements that led to Benji's demise. Rose has a great relationship with his mother and a very close knit group of people who support him and look out for his best interest.