GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 175 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,966
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #677701
11/18/12 11:08 PM
11/18/12 11:08 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: SC
Gyp killed one of his workers. He was the cousin of one of Gyp's lieutenants.

Okay makes sense..

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #677702
11/18/12 11:17 PM
11/18/12 11:17 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Gyp killed one of his workers. He was the cousin of one of Gyp's lieutenants.

SPOILERS

Holy crap! How vicious. uhwhat That Gyp is a totally heartless SOB isn't he. Beyond mean.

Richard got his girlfriend's father to apologize. Ha ha He's got a violent side too but for some reason I like him. He's always protecting his friends/loves, etc. Plus I kind of feel sorry for him.

I'm confused by the Van Alden scene. I know his wife made the liquor and he sold it. The guy he sold it to must have ratted on him. BUT, Who and why was that guy threatening him? confused

Margaret is pregnant hu? What did she get a diaphragm for then? AND seeing her boyfriend in the crate?? Yea, that would be a shocker. lol Nucky surely must know about them now no?

This episode started out kind of slow but ended up with with some pretty surprising scenes in the end. panic

TIS

Now I really can't wait for The Walking Dead.

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/18/12 11:19 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #677729
11/19/12 03:49 AM
11/19/12 03:49 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Who killed Owen???

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: NickyScarfo] #677734
11/19/12 05:39 AM
11/19/12 05:39 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Who killed Owen???

Maseria and company.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #677735
11/19/12 05:56 AM
11/19/12 05:56 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Why on earth would you get your cousin a job working for an insane paranoid like Gyp and NOT warn him to never ever ever say anything to Gyp?

Don't offer advice, don't give criticism, don't correct him, just don't speak unless spoken to.

That said many of Gyp's crew are all by definition violent lawless men in their own right and it doesn't make a lot of sense that someone as chaotic and as unpredictable as Gyp could maintain loyalty for long. There are limits to loyalty.

Anyway exit Owen. I figured that was coming up. Maybe now we'll finally get less screen time with Margaret. Owen should have stayed with Katie. Much prettier than Margaret.

I didn't like the writing that Nucky is going to tell half the eastern criminal establishment that he's going after Masseria and not expect that Masseria wouldn't hear about this. There was bad blood between Gyp and Nucky not Masseria and Nucky. Nucky's not Jewish so presumably he wouldn't trip Masseria's bigotry. Why wouldn't Nucky have attempted to speak with Masseria about the situation and maybe cut his own deal?

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #677736
11/19/12 06:04 AM
11/19/12 06:04 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

I'm confused by the Van Alden scene. I know his wife made the liquor and he sold it. The guy he sold it to must have ratted on him. BUT, Who and why was that guy threatening him? confused

Van Alden and his sweet but deadly wife are clueless about the territorial Chicago arrangements between the Torrio-Capone group and the various other gangs, especially O'Bannion's North siders. So Van Alden, who as far as Capone knows is an O'Bannion enforcer, is selling whiskey outside of his area, which is a serious offense. So the saloon owner told his Capone affiliated supplier and Van Alden was picked up by Capone gunmen and threatened by Capone...

Winter is Coming

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: Lilo] #677737
11/19/12 06:07 AM
11/19/12 06:07 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Who killed Owen???

Maseria and company.

Yeah I figured, just didn't get why they didn't show it, surprised me I guess

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: NickyScarfo] #677747
11/19/12 08:44 AM
11/19/12 08:44 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Yeah I figured, just didn't get why they didn't show it, surprised me I guess

Oh, I see what you mean. I think it was because they wanted to surprise the viewer along with Margaret at the end. Everyone on this board already knows when and how Masseria died but maybe the casual BE viewer doesn't.

Winter is Coming

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #677752
11/19/12 09:37 AM
11/19/12 09:37 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Do you think the shows being true to the Nucky Thompson story in real life? I can't quite gage how realistic it is to real life, I only know a little about the real Thompson and didn't think he was a murderer? Came across as a kind of lovable rouge from what I read.

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #677784
11/19/12 11:36 AM
11/19/12 11:36 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Luciano set up a double cross against Nucky. Mazzarea will probably get killed come the last episode

Genovese Family."
Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: Lilo] #677788
11/19/12 11:54 AM
11/19/12 11:54 AM
California

California

Van Alden and his sweet but deadly wife are clueless about the territorial Chicago arrangements between the Torrio-Capone group and the various other gangs, especially O'Bannion's North siders. So Van Alden, who as far as Capone knows is an O'Bannion enforcer, is selling whiskey outside of his area, which is a serious offense. So the saloon owner told his Capone affiliated supplier and Van Alden was picked up by Capone gunmen and threatened by Capone...

Thanks Lilo. Van Alden seems to take chances and fly by the seat of his pants so to speak. I can't imagine how he'll be alive for real long. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #677790
11/19/12 12:03 PM
11/19/12 12:03 PM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Mazzarea will probably get killed come the last episode

Won't happen. Masseria will be alive for another five years and I seriously doubt that the writers would stray that far from the truth.

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #677791
11/19/12 12:04 PM
11/19/12 12:04 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
[/quote]

Thanks Lilo. Van Alden seems to take chances and fly by the seat of his pants so to speak. I can't imagine how he'll be alive for real long. lol TIS[/quote]

With a face only a mother could love and strong religious beliefs and ability to kill/disable people, I think Capone will take him under his wing. Maybe use him to screw Obanion real good

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 11/19/12 12:05 PM.

Genovese Family."
Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #677792
11/19/12 12:06 PM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
Van Alden seems to take chances and fly by the seat of his pants so to speak. I can't imagine how he'll be alive for real long.

I hope he IS around for a while. He is now a good source for some comedy. Gotta love him getting forked by Capone and seeing those bug-out eyes bugging out.

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #677793
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
@ SC Okay IC with the timeline hes schedule to die next season then

Genovese Family."
Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #677794
11/19/12 12:07 PM
11/19/12 12:07 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Van Alden seems to take chances and fly by the seat of his pants so to speak. I can't imagine how he'll be alive for real long.

I hope he IS around for a while. He is now a good source for some comedy. Gotta love him getting forked by Capone and seeing those bug-out eyes bugging out.

I noticed since Mobsters always eat the same food at the same time 24/7, Capone was quick to share his plate you think he was gromming him to become part of the family lol

Genovese Family."
Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #677799
11/19/12 12:12 PM
11/19/12 12:12 PM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
I noticed since Mobsters always eat the same food at the same time 24/7, Capone was quick to share his plate you think he was gromming him to become part of the family lol

I think Capone just wanted to show he was boss and could force Van Alden to eat with the same instrument with which he was stabbed in the cheek.

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: Lilo] #677857
11/19/12 04:50 PM
11/19/12 04:50 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Why on earth would you get your cousin a job working for an insane paranoid like Gyp and NOT warn him to never ever ever say anything to Gyp?

Don't offer advice, don't give criticism, don't correct him, just don't speak unless spoken to.

That said many of Gyp's crew are all by definition violent lawless men in their own right and it doesn't make a lot of sense that someone as chaotic and as unpredictable as Gyp could maintain loyalty for long. There are limits to loyalty.

Anyway exit Owen. I figured that was coming up. Maybe now we'll finally get less screen time with Margaret. Owen should have stayed with Katie. Much prettier than Margaret.

I didn't like the writing that Nucky is going to tell half the eastern criminal establishment that he's going after Masseria and not expect that Masseria wouldn't hear about this. There was bad blood between Gyp and Nucky not Masseria and Nucky. Nucky's not Jewish so presumably he wouldn't trip Masseria's bigotry. Why wouldn't Nucky have attempted to speak with Masseria about the situation and maybe cut his own deal?

This season Nucky thinks he is a big bad gangster even though he is really half of a gangster. I mean jimmy was the first man he ever killed and even then jimmy had to talk him through it

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #677923
11/19/12 08:19 PM
11/19/12 08:19 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

I think Capone just wanted to show he was boss and could force Van Alden to eat with the same instrument with which he was stabbed in the cheek.

SC these wiseguys know days compared to the old days you know its not about tradition anymore like my fudda and mudda once told me

Genovese Family."
Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #677926
11/19/12 08:26 PM
11/19/12 08:26 PM
California

California
As soon as I saw that guy's head sticking out of the sand, I remembered that old movie which I think was called "Creep Show" (a trio of short horror stories). Leslie Neilson was in it and I don't remember if it was his character or not, BUT he was buried in the sand as the tide came in closer and closer. lol Anyone else know which one I'm speaking of?

TIS

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #677944
11/19/12 09:46 PM
11/19/12 09:46 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
TIS, I remember the one with Ted Danson.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: NickyScarfo] #677994
11/20/12 09:03 AM
11/20/12 09:03 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Do you think the shows being true to the Nucky Thompson story in real life? I can't quite gage how realistic it is to real life, I only know a little about the real Thompson and didn't think he was a murderer? Came across as a kind of lovable rouge from what I read.

My understanding is that Thompson did not kill anyone or order anyone's death though he certainly "palled around" (Sarah Palin shoutout whistle ) with those who did. He was both the political boss of Jersey and a business partner to Luciano, Zwillman, Dalitz, Lansky and others.

Physically Buscemi looks nothing like Thompson, who was a big massive guy. But Thompson's essence was being quite well dressed and being extremely profane. And that is something that Buscemi captured well.

Winter is Coming

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: Lilo] #678239
11/21/12 05:20 AM
11/21/12 05:20 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Bad job market? Depression? lol I bet even if he was warned he would run his mouth anyway.

//

Goodness, another great episode. Finally after weeks of borefest, these two last episodes was good. Owen was a goner, but this was a better exit than I expected.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: afsaneh77] #678243
11/21/12 07:36 AM
11/21/12 07:36 AM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Goodness, another great episode. Finally after weeks of borefest, these two last episodes was good. Owen was a goner, but this was a better exit than I expected.

Not to mention THREE killings.

The one with Franco (the rogue wave guy) was brutal. The one with Gaston Means (in which Jess Smith ends up shooting himself) was almost comical. The one we don't actually see (Owen in the crate), even though it was expected that Owen would die this season, was shocking.

FWIW - I don't usually find the "slower" episodes boring. There has to be some buildup of the storyline.

Only two more episodes. frown

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #678248
11/21/12 07:44 AM
11/21/12 07:44 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Not to mention THREE killings.

The one with Franco (the rogue wave guy) was brutal. The one with Gaston Means (in which Jess Smith ends up shooting himself) was almost comical. The one we don't actually see (Owen in the crate), even though it was expected that Owen would die this season, was shocking.

FWIW - I don't usually find the "slower" episodes boring. There has to be some buildup of the storyline.

Only two more episodes. frown

Oh yeah, that suicide WAS comical. lol

Granted that the character build up is necessary, but there was something lacking this past two seasons. I used to love season 1. Now, I just continue watching. ohwell

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: afsaneh77] #678250
11/21/12 07:51 AM
11/21/12 07:51 AM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
Granted that the character build up is necessary, but there was something lacking this past two seasons. I used to love season 1. Now, I just continue watching. ohwell

It's a soap opera. A well-written soap opera. It has gangsters in it. What more can you ask for?

I love it!

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #678252
11/21/12 08:04 AM
11/21/12 08:04 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
It's a soap opera. A well-written soap opera. It has gangsters in it. What more can you ask for?

I love it!

Not sure, there's not enough Capone in there anymore? lol

I usually watch Homeland and even Dexter before I watch Boardwalk.

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: afsaneh77] #678295
11/21/12 03:07 PM
11/21/12 03:07 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand

Bad job market? Depression? lol I bet even if he was warned he would run his mouth anyway.

//

No doubt a ruthless character but there's something I find a little corny in the actors portrayal, the scene in the previous episode when he wore the hat from the museum was a litte cheesy to me. He just doesn't come across as cold as say the actors who played Marlo, Snoop and Chris in the Wire now they scared me!

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: NickyScarfo] #678415
11/22/12 01:12 PM
11/22/12 01:12 PM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
A little off topic (but still relevant) for a second. Here's a photo of the 1940 Thanksgiving Day parade showing a balloon modeled on Eddie Cantor. Supposedly it was the only time a balloon of a real-life person was flown in the parade.

Re: BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Season 3 [Re: SC] #678515
11/23/12 01:27 PM
11/23/12 01:27 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
What do you think happened to the guy that went with Mr. Slater to the bath house? Masseria kill him or using him or what? I don't believe he was in the box. Or was he in on it to with Masseria.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull