Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
I agree eastharlemital. Jasonanthony I would encourage you to listen to this man. First off if the words 116th street don't mean anything to you I'll clear that up now: the genoveses most prominent crew is located there and the east Bronx. He sees these guys on the street and knows a few of them. I'd take his testimony over a guy from California.

I agree with most of what you've posted, JoeSchmo. But for the sake of clarity I just want to point out to you that there hasn't been a crew on 116th Street for quite some time. East Harlem is something like 90 percent Latino and Black today. I still take my father down there a few times a year to visit the Church (Mount Carmel) and whatnot, but to say there's still an Italian presence let alone a mob presence is more than a stretch. And I'm sure that EastHarlemItal will back up what I'm saying.

As far as the East Bronx, they're still here but not as visible as in years past. There really aren't even any social clubs that are left. Where I live in Throggs Neck is still home to many of these guys, but you just don't see them hanging out as much today.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.