GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Blackmobs, 1 invisible), 405 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,476
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,959
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #672769
10/28/12 09:29 PM
10/28/12 09:29 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
As I said their are horrendous people everywhere. The mobs activities make for more brutality and shady characters. But even so people have exaggerated their evilness and acts. No doubt theyve done bad things to people who happen to get in their way but that doesnt mean they are all like that.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: EastHarlemItal] #672770
10/28/12 09:30 PM
10/28/12 09:30 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
I agree there are quite a few sick sick members! No denying that! However to broadly state they prey on the weak and innocent! No way. What about the teachers who are seducing there students! Are all teachers bad? What about that nutty astronaut wearing a diaper on her way to kill her boyfriends(another astronaut) wife! Do we dump on astronauts across the board? We could go on and on. I won't deny their are a few sick puppies in the mob. There are twisted people in every profession. However we don't label them all. They are all individuals! Again in my opinion.

Again i dont know why you get so defensive about this. true they arent all monsters HOWEVER they are all criminals and i dont respect criminals. I respect people who make an honest living and dont steal,cheat,murder

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #672788
10/28/12 10:39 PM
10/28/12 10:39 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
there's FAR worse criminals out there. most involved with them are not innocent

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: EastHarlemItal] #672815
10/29/12 12:48 AM
10/29/12 12:48 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Another expert. For an argument to fall flat on its face I would be like you and preface my statement as a fact. However as I stated they were my opinions. But since your such an expert, let me ask you this. How many gamblers were forced to gamble? Do you know how racketeering in construction works? I mean really know? Norway you've read that was skewed by a newspaper. And back to the original argument, before this got way off track. In my opinion completely disagree with the fact that Made Guys are common gang banger thieves who "prey" on the week. Just to be clear, they do not seek out people in a predatory manor whatsoever. And another part of my original opinion was if your so anti- Mafia and look down upon that life why are you here? You'll sit here share stories like you have first hand knowledge, talk as if your involved then spout some Moral agenda? It makes zero sense.

Wow, you are taking things personal. What's wrong with you? I never said I was an expert; however, one doesn't have to be an expert to have a lot of knowledge about a particular subject. The original statement that I responded to had to do with the mob preying on the weak. That's what the mob does, in general. You seem to think that a mobster has to walk up to someone and shoot or stab the person to be considered preying on the weak. Yes, I get it: most mobsters aren't wearing certain colors and trying to rep certain streets or sets like many street gang members do. But the mob is a parasitical organization at its core; parasites excel at preying on weak or compromised organisms; the mob is very good at preying on weak individuals. The threat of violence is a major enforcement tool that organized crime uses to get what it wants. Protection rackets? Honest citizens having to pay a protection fee so their businesses don't get fire bombed? Mobsters are predatory individuals. You seem so offended by that. What is your link to organized crime? Are you trying to get straightened out and at the same time quell your conscience about your intended career path?
You can disagree with me or anyone else, but I really don't get why you seem to take this topic so personal.
And, I find true crime fascinating; therefore, I like reading about it and researching it. Is that enough justification for you as to why I am on this site? It's fascinating to read and learn about a segment of society that lives by its own code of ethics and values, no matter how demented. I've read up on numerous serial killers as well. It's basically a form of entertainment. But I never lose sight of how sick and twisted these nut jobs are.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #672816
10/29/12 12:51 AM
10/29/12 12:51 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
I agree eastharlemital. Jasonanthony I would encourage you to listen to this man. First off if the words 116th street don't mean anything to you I'll clear that up now: the genoveses most prominent crew is located there and the east Bronx. He sees these guys on the street and knows a few of them. I'd take his testimony over a guy from California.

Secondly while I don't discard your opinion I would also encourage you to think outside the box on this whole "mob is evil" crusade. No one denies that wise guys aren't angels from above, but what we must remember is that while they may be criminals, it doesn't necessarily mean they are monsters. I will never support the mafia, but they are people too. Their are gentleman and psychopaths within every organization in the world. The mob is no different. There is grey area

I still agree that the mob is a predatory organization. Me being from California doesn't change that. Besides, with an internet connection, I can be just as informed as a guy living on 116th St.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #672818
10/29/12 01:07 AM
10/29/12 01:07 AM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Does the term media bias not make you wonder when your becoming informed? Being here in the actual enviorment is quite different than an internet connection. And yes I do take things personal when you "knock my argument down" it wasnt an argument just an opionion based on personel experience, not an internet plug in. Im sure you would be offended if I tore down surfers, people of whom i have never meet! And it has zero to do with my "button", which is anither example that shows you believe everything you read. You honestly believe these guys talkvlike that? Do they also use the code word "whach a guy"? My opinions have zero to do with an article I read, some BS story I heard or my "button" it has to do with someone who has NO clue about a group of people and states his opinion as a fact.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #672834
10/29/12 04:42 AM
10/29/12 04:42 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
As I said their are horrendous people everywhere. The mobs activities make for more brutality and shady characters. But even so people have exaggerated their evilness and acts. No doubt theyve done bad things to people who happen to get in their way but that doesnt mean they are all like that.

I agree.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: EastHarlemItal] #672835
10/29/12 04:43 AM
10/29/12 04:43 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Does the term media bias not make you wonder when your becoming informed? Being here in the actual enviorment is quite different than an internet connection. And yes I do take things personal when you "knock my argument down" it wasnt an argument just an opionion based on personel experience, not an internet plug in. Im sure you would be offended if I tore down surfers, people of whom i have never meet! And it has zero to do with my "button", which is anither example that shows you believe everything you read. You honestly believe these guys talkvlike that? Do they also use the code word "whach a guy"? My opinions have zero to do with an article I read, some BS story I heard or my "button" it has to do with someone who has NO clue about a group of people and states his opinion as a fact.

There is a media bias in all stories. It's obvious in some cases they can go further and get away with it, Mafia stories are one example.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: EastHarlemItal] #672983
10/29/12 06:58 PM
10/29/12 06:58 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: jace

There is a media bias in all stories. It's obvious in some cases they can go further and get away with it, Mafia stories are one example.

There's bias all over the place.

Of course I don't believe everything that I read; just like I hope you don't believe everything you hear on the streets. And don't discount the power of an internet connection; there are people who earn advanced degrees from well-known academic institutions solely via the internet. I'm not saying it's the end-all-be-all of everything, but it is a powerful tool.
And I have no knowledge of surfing or surfers (generalize much?) even though I live in So. Cal.
And the thing is, you living in a certain area of New York doesn't automatically mean that you will have an honest, unbiased, and realistic opinion about what you see or hear on a daily basis. Furthermore, info that you get from a guy who knows a guy or from a guy who has to go see a guy about a thing over there doesn't mean that you have better or more accurate info about organized crime than a guy like me sitting on the West Coast. Don't street guys like to embellish or stretch the truth a little? Do neighborhood legends and stories tend to grow and distort over time? Don't mistake proximity for accuracy.
I think I'd put more stock in FBI surveillance and audio tapes, informants, and government turncoats than I would in the average guy on the street who knows a few people.
I mean, you may know more about a lot of things than I do, but it's not an absolute. You have an opinion, I have mine. You don't think I'm qualified to have my opinion, I think I am.
I guess we are stuck.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #672987
10/29/12 07:08 PM
10/29/12 07:08 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Seriously I couldnt read past your informant sentence! Those guys have zero reason to be truthful! There saving there own ass! As for the rest over your argument, your a waste of my time. You sound so clueless I almost wonder if you need help turning your computer on. Generalizing much? Your so bent on winning an argument you've lost sight of any rational points. Good luck living in fantasy land. And it's never to late to admit when you don't know or your wrong.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: EastHarlemItal] #673002
10/29/12 07:45 PM
10/29/12 07:45 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Seriously I couldnt read past your informant sentence! Those guys have zero reason to be truthful! There saving there own ass! As for the rest over your argument, your a waste of my time. You sound so clueless I almost wonder if you need help turning your computer on. Generalizing much? Your so bent on winning an argument you've lost sight of any rational points. Good luck living in fantasy land. And it's never to late to admit when you don't know or your wrong.

Dude i respect you but i think you are really going overboard when it comes to JasonAnthony. I mean they guy never said he knows everything. All he said is that both of you have different opinions and you are still attacking him.

Last edited by JCrusher; 10/29/12 07:46 PM.
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: EastHarlemItal] #673054
10/30/12 12:53 AM
10/30/12 12:53 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member

No offense, but you seem way too childish to even reach. I'm a waste of your time? What, do you have a heart that you have to go transplant, or a bridge to go build? LOL
You are one of these guys who has to resort to name calling and personal attacks to get your point across. There's really no reason for that.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #673287
10/31/12 08:03 PM
10/31/12 08:03 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
And your one of those clowns who has no clue and acts and talks like you do. Your here with zero first hand experience and you have this all knkwing attitude. Its ok to read and learn. If your ego cant handle that then dont respond. If we were sitting aside eachother you wouldnt have your same hardline opinion. Three people have validated my staement, PizzaBoy and Schmo, those two members alone have more experience than anyone you will ever meet. If they agree with me I am comfortable. Again, I am done with this conversation.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: EastHarlemItal] #673342
11/01/12 12:51 AM
11/01/12 12:51 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
And your one of those clowns who has no clue and acts and talks like you do. Your here with zero first hand experience and you have this all knkwing attitude. Its ok to read and learn. If your ego cant handle that then dont respond. If we were sitting aside eachother you wouldnt have your same hardline opinion. Three people have validated my staement, PizzaBoy and Schmo, those two members alone have more experience than anyone you will ever meet. If they agree with me I am comfortable. Again, I am done with this conversation.

That's great. I don't resort to your level, but I think I probably know as much as you do about this topic. And my original opinion about the mob being a predatory organization remains unchanged. My ego can handle someone disagreeing with me just fine. Can yours? hmmm! I won't start name calling or getting defensive if you don't agree with me; that's a characteristic of a mature person! :-)

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #673356
11/01/12 07:31 AM
11/01/12 07:31 AM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Yeah you probably know as much as everyone here! Your correct! That Internet plug in is a substitute for first hand knowledge. Whatever blows your skirt up!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #673389
11/01/12 11:26 AM
11/01/12 11:26 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I agree eastharlemital. Jasonanthony I would encourage you to listen to this man. First off if the words 116th street don't mean anything to you I'll clear that up now: the genoveses most prominent crew is located there and the east Bronx. He sees these guys on the street and knows a few of them. I'd take his testimony over a guy from California.

I agree with most of what you've posted, JoeSchmo. But for the sake of clarity I just want to point out to you that there hasn't been a crew on 116th Street for quite some time. East Harlem is something like 90 percent Latino and Black today. I still take my father down there a few times a year to visit the Church (Mount Carmel) and whatnot, but to say there's still an Italian presence let alone a mob presence is more than a stretch. And I'm sure that EastHarlemItal will back up what I'm saying.

As far as the East Bronx, they're still here but not as visible as in years past. There really aren't even any social clubs that are left. Where I live in Throggs Neck is still home to many of these guys, but you just don't see them hanging out as much today.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: pizzaboy] #673432
11/01/12 03:19 PM
11/01/12 03:19 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
I would agree with everything you've stated, its all from what we can see "underground". Outside of Mt Carmel, Rao's that small clique of families its almost all gone. My opinion, once the Palma got to hot it was time to stay in the Bronx. Another opinion I have come to terms with, all racism aside, white people started to stick out like sore thumbs around here. And while I will argue it has got much nicer over the last few years. The 80's and 99's were not kind to this area! It was a DUMP. You use to be proud being from this area, lost that feeling.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: EastHarlemItal] #673437
11/01/12 03:49 PM
11/01/12 03:49 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Another opinion I have come to terms with, all racism aside, white people started to stick out like sore thumbs around here.

It's not racist to state a fact. And that's a fact. To be a white person living in that area today is a rarity.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: EastHarlemItal] #673438
11/01/12 03:52 PM
11/01/12 03:52 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
I would agree with everything you've stated, its all from what we can see "underground". Outside of Mt Carmel, Rao's that small clique of families its almost all gone. My opinion, once the Palma got to hot it was time to stay in the Bronx. Another opinion I have come to terms with, all racism aside, white people started to stick out like sore thumbs around here. And while I will argue it has got much nicer over the last few years. The 80's and 99's were not kind to this area! It was a DUMP. You use to be proud being from this area, lost that feeling.

What exactly can they oversee out of harlem at this point? Unless their into drugs.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Scorsese] #673439
11/01/12 03:53 PM
11/01/12 03:53 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
What exactly can they oversee out of harlem at this point?

Nothing. That's why they're not in Harlem today.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: EastHarlemItal] #673486
11/01/12 07:51 PM
11/01/12 07:51 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Yeah you probably know as much as everyone here! Your correct! That Internet plug in is a substitute for first hand knowledge. Whatever blows your skirt up!

Again with the insults. Insult anyone who disagrees with you. But Internet plugs are very powerful. Don't know why you are so against the Internet. There is a statute of limitations on most crimes, so whatever you did online, just wait it out! :-) But I hope you get over your anger problem.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #673577
11/02/12 12:59 PM
11/02/12 12:59 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #673597
11/02/12 01:58 PM
11/02/12 01:58 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That's not a wiretap. It's a prison recording.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: pizzaboy] #673602
11/02/12 02:14 PM
11/02/12 02:14 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I do get a kick out of Gotti tapes, though lol.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #673603
11/02/12 02:16 PM
11/02/12 02:16 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
that includes some wiretaps

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 11/02/12 02:17 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Dapper_Don] #673607
11/02/12 02:23 PM
11/02/12 02:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Okay, my bad. I just picked it up when he was ranting about getting fan mail in jail.

But like I said, listening to Gotti's egotistical rants are always good for a few laughs.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: pizzaboy] #673620
11/02/12 03:18 PM
11/02/12 03:18 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Okay, my bad. I just picked it up when he was ranting about getting fan mail in jail.

But like I said, listening to Gotti's egotistical rants are always good for a few laughs.

Yeah they are it shows how moronic he really is. Yet hes a hero to some people?

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #673633
11/02/12 06:10 PM
11/02/12 06:10 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
I got one question.

Who is the guy laughing? Krusty the Clown?

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #673636
11/02/12 06:32 PM
11/02/12 06:32 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
Also here's something else I found........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2d0_UFxTwc

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #673641
11/02/12 07:10 PM
11/02/12 07:10 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
i like those surveillance videos from 1979 when gotti wasnt really known

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8