This is interesting as a cafe owned by Giuseppe De Vito was shot up in september where I think 3 people were hit and one died. This article fingers him as at war with the Rizzutos. If i remember correctly he is a close associate of Sergei Pirchelli, Giuseppe (Closure) Colapelle (Murdered), and Desjardins. The spelling is probably wrong on all of those names.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/quebec...res-detenus.php

Giuseppe De Vito is no longer held in solitary confinement. While the mafioso 46 years appeared before the Superior Court Thursday in Montreal to discuss a motion to modify the conditions of detention, it was learned that he was now with the general population in maximum security penitentiary Donnacona, and since September 19.

Sentenced to 15 years in prison for conspiracy to import cocaine, De Vito was first detained at the Regional Reception Centre of Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines, the time that it is a prison. This is where, from late June to September, he was kept in solitary confinement. Angered by this, he presented a petition for habeas corpus in the Superior Court to return to the general prison population. But as it has changed since establishment, Judge Michael Stober said yesterday that his request was moot.

De Vito's lawyer, Sylvie Bordelais Me, believes, however, that the problem is not resolved, since his client spent four days in isolation at Donnacona from 3 to 7 October last, without knowing why. She wants to know the reasons why his client was placed in isolation and could still be at any time.

"¿It is a sword of Damocles over the head of Mr. De Vito. Is that I must submit an application for habeas corpus in the Superior Court each time it is sent to isolation ¿? ¿", She asked the judge Stober.

The latter was invited to discuss with his counterpart from the federal Crown for the grounds, adding that she can then apply to the Federal Court, if necessary.

Dissident

In documents accompanying the request of De Vito, we learn that the police considered formally dissociated from the Rizzuto clan and he is even in conflict with members of it. "His safety would be compromised by the opposing clan itself and jeopardize the safety of members of the Rizzuto clan. It is impossible in an institution such as the Regional Centre Reception, where every day new inmates are allowed to ensure, pavilion security held De Vito, "it said in the documents.

Vito, who is nicknamed Ponytail due to his long hair, he always wears in a ponytail, was sentenced to 15 years in prison last June as a result of the investigation Coliseum. He was arrested in 2010, while the police were looking for four years. During his flight, his two daughters were killed, allegedly by their mother, Adèle Sorella.

Vito is who took over the fallen godfather Vito Rizzuto responsible for the death of his daughters. He has a tattoo on their body name and date of the transaction Coliseum.

Last edited by Giordano; 10/27/12 05:46 PM.