Originally Posted By: SC
The storm will start dumping on us Sunday night and the worst of it will be Monday. We'll still feel effects on Tuesday.

It's forecasted to come ashore in southern Jersey. That is the worst case scenario for NYC (the effects are always worst in the right quadrant of the storm). This may be the worst storm to hit the City in its history. Lower Manhattan MAY end up underwater!!

I'm expecting to be without electrical power for at least a few days. (I bought a propane camp stove and some propane this morning, so I'll be able to cook, at least).

The thing that worries me most is the potential for wind damage (70 mph gusts are predicted). I have a big old tree right next to the house... I pray that if it comes down, it falls AWAY from the house. I'll move my car across the street where there are no trees.

Got lots of canned food and the car is gassed up; all portable electronics are being charged now. I am really NOT looking forward to this. Being without electricity for a week last year (Tropical Storm Irene) was enough to last me a lifetime.

Wow...I don't know what I'm going to do I might use some frequent flyer miles and go down to SOBE for a week

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."