Originally Posted By: m2w
italian mafia groups are not active in corsica but they have links anyway especially in marseille qhere there are both corsicans and italian groups
in grenoble they had links too in the past, at one point they went at war in the 70s, the war later split into a internal war between italian clans
but usually they have good relationships

Yeah, I think the Italian groups are still very active in the French Riviera and other parts of mainland France. I also really doubt that the crime groups from the banlieues are pushing the Italians out, as is stated in several articles. In terms of drug and weapon trafficking or prostitution they may be more active than the Italians. But the Italians in France still make money of other activities, among them gambling.
By the way, every time some burned or shot-to-pieces-with-a-kalashnikov body is seen floating in the water it's always a Corsican, North African or Gypsy. The Italians really have no business with them, they don't threaten the activities of the other groups. The Corsicans used to do business with the Italians, but I think nowadays they are very seperate.

Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 10/25/12 01:05 PM.