Originally Posted By: Bifford
The Mafia doesn't want psychopaths. It needs people who are loyal, dependable, and trustworthy, and they test candidates rigorously to verify that they are "stand-up guys". But the Mafia recruits exclusively from the criminal population, so obviously a lot of psychopaths will slip past the screening process, more so than what you'd see in a legitimate corporation. The psychopaths who make it in are liable to get whacked because they are the ones skimming money, neglecting appointments, or disrespecting their colleagues.

Well said. A member of the Mafia who´s killing for the Mafia should not automatically be categorized as a psychopath. Murder is (and has always been) a necessity to maintain rules and laws within the Mafia. It doesn´t take a psychopath to pull a trigger. I´m sure most of these guys have issues of many kinds but to categorize all of them (including the killers) as psychopaths is to simplify a human´s complexed nature.

I agree. The Mafia does not want psychopaths. Generally the Mafia is looking for stand up guys who can contribute to the organization´s wellbeing.

With that being said, I´d like to welcome you aboard, Bifford.

[Linked Image]