Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Could someone explain to me what that Senate hearing was about?

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the guy who portrays Lucky Luciano tries to hard at being a "tough guy" with his heavy Brookyln accent.

And Van Alden's wife is Dutch is she not? If so then her accent is way off and is actually Scandinavian rather than Dutch.

Andrew Mellon was Secretary of Treasury and one of the richest men in the US during the 20s. He would later oversee the team that got Capone. The hearing was about corruption in the Treasury Department and the Justice Department as well as lack of resources given for enforcement and prosecution of Prohibition violators. It was good to see James Cromwell in that part.

Van Alden's wife is Norwegian. The actress playing her, Christiane Seidel, was born in either Germany or Denmark I believe.
https://twitter.com/deutschdansk

I honestly did not notice Luciano's accent as much as Lanksy's but then again I am no expert at the different types of NY accents...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.