Ok I'm a really big NFL fan, fairly new to the sport I love watching it and some of the athletic and physical feats I see amaze me. The thing that absolutely staggers me is the strength of these players. The reason is I workout a lot and am quite into lifting etc, but when I see some of the feats of college and NFL players it blows my mind, how is this possible? I'm talking about guys bench pressing 500 pounds plus, squats of 700 pounds and guys repping 35 plus times on the bench press combine.

How much of this is due to Steroids in your views? I know quite a few players have been caught doing it. I mean sometimes I just can't see this as natural, you have guys who are 250 pounds at 6 foot with 5% body fat! I know these guys are elite athletes who have been training with serious weight since high school and have nutritionists etc but still I wonder are they really mostly clean?!
I heard about a retired RB called Michael Pittman who had reportedly 21 and a half inch biceps which is just insane, anyone in the bodybuilding industry will tell you to get to 18 inch without steroids is the holy grail.
I would love anyone who knows about football, or who has been around college players etc to give me some insight into this! thanks