Originally Posted By: AntonioRotolo
Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: carmela
Agrigento sounds fabulous. One day I hope to go!! Thanks! And thanks for the head's up. I will certainly never speak bad about Berlusconi if I ever get to Sicily!

I was there last week. Because I care for you you can always ask me questions about the province and Sicily in general. I'm quite familiar with the subject, if you're interested.

I guess my biggest question/concern is would I run into a real live mafioso there? If I do, should I be scared? Would I be killed by that lupara bianca I always read about? Or what about my body being dissolved in acid or my car being blown up? These are the things that prevent me from going. How safe is it?

Oh and what about donkeys? Would I be able to ride my very own donkey?

Pizzaboy, if I ever get there, I'll take lots of pictures to share, for those of you that never get out of the Bronx!! grin

As people told me "I've been living here for 60 years and I've never seen anything that resembled Mafia." You won't ever find it, eat at the locally renowned restaurants and that's as close to them as you will get. In Palermo La Antica Foccaceria Di San Francesco is tremendously good. It's pretty safe, depending where you are. Taormina, Siracusa, Agrigento, beautiful safe places. Catania, Palermo are ehh you know urban environments have a guy with you or be in a group.

Thank you Antonio. You've been very helpful!! Sorry to take your thread off topic.

*See I am capable of saying 'sorry'. Montague will be pissed he missed it.

Last edited by carmela; 10/13/12 05:57 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.